Facts About LowLevel04 Ransomware
LowLevel04 Ransomware is identified as a relatively old cyber infection that has been first spotted over a year ago i.e., back in October 2015. According to researches, it has been reported that this threat basically targets the PCs located in Greece and Bulgaria. This infection most usually targets the Terminal Services or Remote Desktop and brute force it's to the machine via cracking their weak passwords. Aside from this, the infection has also been reported compromising the servers. This makes this ransomware a hazardous threat to several large firms also along with the private users.
Likewise several other ransomware infection, it's also main motto is to encrypts the files located on the compromised PC, making them totally inaccessible to the users and then demanding their owners to purchase them out via making payment of asked amount of ransom money. In the case of this ransomware programs, the files are encrypted with a complex AES algorithm that is almost impossible to decrypt. Thus due to this users are just simply forced to make the payment regarding the easy decryption of the encrypted files. Apart, the ransomware leaves the users with no choices of recovering the encrypted files from backup or Dropbox via encrypting files on these platforms as well. Now in this sort of hectic situation majority of the users have been reported of taking decision of making the payment but it is just not suggested to do so as it has been simply proven a trick by several malware analysts planner to extort more and more illicit money from rookie PC users.
Methods Utilized By LowLevel04 Ransomware To Invade Inside PC
Mostly LowLevel04 Ransomware comes together with the attachment of spam emails. Aside, causes such as downloading freeware as well as shareware programs and applications from number of suspicious domains, peer to peer file sharing, utilizing contaminated external USB drives for the purpose of transferring mails from one PC to another, tapping various sponsored ads or links flickering over the browser's screen, paying frequent visits to several compromised websites, watching adult movies, updating firewall and antivirus programs installed in the PC on irregular basis etc.
Harmful Effects Of LowLevel04 Ransomware In PC
- It intrudes secretly inside the PC without taking the user's assent.
- It changes the system's default system settings and prohibits the users from opening numerous legitimate programs.
- It sniffs the user's personal data including their banking details, credit card accounts, email contacts etc. Later on reveal all this to the online hackers for commercial purpose.
- LowLevel04 Ransomware turns off the Windows firewall as well as deactivates the antimalware programs installed in the PC to download numerous other spyware infections in the PC.
- This ransomware in order to avoid detection from several perilous infections updates its components automatically.
- It deletes the system's vital files and degrades the system's performance badly.
Thus, to get rid of all the above mentioned disastrous scenarios as well as to operate PC efficiently, an urgent removal of LowLevel04 Ransomware is needed.
What To Do If Your PC Get Infected By LowLevel04 Ransomware
The ransomware infection has been mainly designed with the purpose to scare users and trick their money. It take your files on hostage and demand ransom to return your important data. But now the question is what you can do when your system got infected by LowLevel04 Ransomware virus? Here are some option that you can use to get rid of this nasty infection.
Don’t Panic – Well the first thing is Don’t panic and then completely check out your system for any working files. If you got any working files then copy it to USB drive.
Pay Ransom – Other option is you can pay the ransom and wait to get your files back. (really a bad option)
Use Backup – Clean you entire system files, remove the infection completely from your PC and restore your files with any backup.
Remove Infection – You can also delete LowLevel04 Ransomware virus using malware removal tool and remove all the infected files. You can later recover all your data by using any data recovery tool. (In case you don’t have backup of your files.) – Recommended Method.
Reinstall Windows – The last option is reinstall your Windows OS. It will completely remove all your data as well as infection. You will get a completely new infection free PC.
How To Remove LowLevel04 Ransomware Virus From Your PC
Step 1 – Boot your computer in Safe mode.
Step 2 – Remove the infected registry entry files.
- Click Windows Flag and R button together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button
- Find and delete following entries.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Step 3 – Remove From msconfig
- Click Windows + R buttons simultaneously.
- Type msconfig and press Enter
- Go to Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Step 4 – Restart your computer normally.
Check your computer now. If the virus has gone then you can start using your computer. If the infection still remains then head to the next step.
Step 5 – System Restore
- Insert Windows installation disk to CD drive and restart your PC.
- While system startup, keep pressing F8 or F12 key to get boot options.
- Now select the boot from CD drive option to start your computer.
- Then after you will get the System Recovery Option on your screen.
- Select the System Restore option from the list.
- Choose a nearest system restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Now follow the option on your screen to Restore your computer.
If the above manual methods didn’t removed LowLevel04 Ransomware virus then you have only option to remove infection using a malware removal tool. It is last and the only option that can easily and safely remove this nasty threat from your computer.
Having some alarming questions in your mind? Get your doubt cleared from our experienced tech support experts. Just go to the Ask Your Question section, fill in the details and your question. Our expert team will give you detailed reply about your query.