Information About Thor Ransomware
.thor is actually an extension that is appended to files at the timw when they unfortunately got encrypted by Thor Ransomware program. This ransomware has been identified as one of an updated version of Locky Ransomware project as it most of the properties resembles with the Locky. Only a slightly difference has been detected yet, i.e., it drops _WHAT _is.html and _WHAT _is.bmp files on the compromised desktop screen after the completion of the encryption process, which the Locky do not. It invade silently in the targeted PC along with the attachment of spam emails and then following that contributes tons of issues inside it. First of all performs a deep scanning of the PC in search of it's most crucial files. After this encrypts them via using a combination of RSA and AES ciphers. Furthermore disorganize the file name and append .thor file extension to them as discussed above. This perilous ransomware program has been reported compatible with almost 400 distinct file extensions and encrypting them.
Thus, invasion of Thor Ransomware infection in the PC decreases the chances of leaving any unencrypted files on the system. The basic motto of the developer of this threat behind it's development is to extort illicit money from rookie PC users via making their vital files completely inaccessible to them and then urging them to make payment of the asked amount of ransom money. Generally 0.50 Bitcoin amount of ransom is asked for setting the victim's files free i.e., approximately equals to 330 US dollars.
More To Know About Thor Ransomware
Moreover ransom note generated by ransomware liable for adding .thor file extension on the infected browser's screen including explanation on how to download Tor browser, regarding accessing the ransom payment site. At the payment site, victims are asked either to enter the personal ID, that is presented on the generated ransom note or to enter any encrypted or locked file name. Thus, in a case if one's files gets unfortunately encrypted by this threat, then he/she will be only left with two options i.e., either making payment to the cyber criminals and wait until the decryption tool is provided or to remove the Thor Ransomware program via making usage of effective antimalware program and restore the encrypted files from backup. Now if the backup is by chance unavailable, then it is actually scary since yet not a single ethical method has been discovered for restoring the corrupted data. But still it is suggested to not get panic, instead just focus on the data recovery techniques discussed below since they have been proven 100% working in the case of removing Thor Ransomware completely from the PC as well as decrypting files having .thor file extension in them .
How To Remove .thor file extension From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End .thor file extension Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the .thor file extension related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall .thor file extension From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .thor file extension related items from list.
Uninstall .thor file extension From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete .thor file extension related items from the programs list.
Delete .thor file extension From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all .thor file extension related programs.
Remove .thor file extension Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all .thor file extension related entries.
Remove .thor file extension Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the .thor file extension virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free .thor file extension Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.