Researchers Report on X1881 Ransomware
Being discovered on the 16th of October, 2017, X1881 Ransomware has been characterized as a precarious malware infection designed by potent cyber offenders with the sole objective of enticing rookie PC users and then earning quick revenue from them. It usually compromises the computer systems running Windows OS. This infection identical to those of several other menacing infections of the same group, proliferates itself very silently inside the targeted PC without being notified by the users. It onto being disseminated successfully, conducts a series of awful practices in the PC.
X1881 Ransomware usually starts the conduction of unethical practices via firstly acquiring complete control over the entire system and then bringing alteration in it's windows registry settings. Crooks mainly brought this modification for the purpose of gaining persistence in the system. Threat moreover besides from this, implements a deep scanning of the PC in seek of the files compatible with it's disruption. It further then after finding such files, enciphers them utilizing a strong encryption algorithm. Infection besides following the successful completion of the encryption procedure, appends '.x1881' extension onto the end of the victimized files.
X1881 Ransomware moreover following the successful completion of the encryption procedure, generates a ransom note namely '_HELP_INSTRUCTION.TXT' on the victimized device's screen stating that the system's files have been encrypted and thus regarding their respective decryption, victims are required to make payment of certain amount of ransom money.
'_HELP_INSTRUCTION.TXT' reads the following :
Researchers have notified X1881 Ransomware authors operating [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] email accounts and furnishing the users with 'decryption offers'. However, experts strongly recommends neither to trust the generated note nor to establish any asked contact and instead only concentrate on the uninstallation of X1881 Ransomware from the PC as according to them it is the only measure possible to the liberation of system from all the aforementioned sort of harmful traits.
X1881 Ransomware Propagation Trends
- X1881 Ransomware commonly propagates itself through junk emails and their respective vicious attachments.
- Downloading freeware programs from several anonymous domains and then installing them in the system with careless attitude also leads to the dissemination of this particular infection inside system.
- Threat might intrude itself via online games and pirated softwares.
- Upgrading antimalware program existing in the system on irregular basis also results in the perforation of this threat inside system.
Healthy Measures To Prevent X1881 Ransomware Attack
- Never tap any links in spam and suspicious emails.
- Patch the Windows operating system on regular basis.
- Configure the web mail for blocking automatic attachments with extensions such as .vbs, .exe and .scr.
- Turn on the System Restore in the operating system.
- Deactivate macros in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
A: How To Remove X1881 Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill X1881 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the X1881 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall X1881 Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all X1881 Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore X1881 Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing X1881 Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing X1881 Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by X1881 Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.