These days, a new ransomware attack on the rise that infect Windows System by adding ".fat32" file extension. If you are also one of them whose Windows PC affected with such a ransomware and looking for an expert's solution regarding it's deletion then go through with this post completely.
Threat's Details of .fat32 Ransomware
.fat32 Ransomware is a newly identified ransomware that associated with the file encrypting ransomware. The payload and working behavior of this ransomware is too much similar with the traditional ransomware but the only difference is that it uses ".fat32" extension at the end of the targeted file. Doesn't matter what OS you are using because it has the ability to infect all version of Windows Operating System such as Windows 7, XP, Server, Vista, 8 and the latest version Windows 10. This destructive malware can encrypt your all stored data including audios, photos, videos, text files, documents and many others. Specifically, it has been created by the group of remote hackers with wrong intentions.
As soon as it get activated on your Windows PC, it makes almost all stored data inaccessible such as audios, images, videos, PDFs, databases, discounts and much more. Whenever you may try to open your any file, it will show you some ransom message on your desktop screen and demands you to pay the big extortion amount to get the unique file decryption key to unlock almost your all files. By displaying scary or ransom message, it may asks you to pay around $700 or more within the next 72 hours. It also claims to delete user's all encrypted files if they deny for paying ransom money. Regarding the payment, it display text file that instructs user on how to pay ransom fee.
Is Paying Enough To Get Files Back?
Once seeing ransom message, most of the innocent user think that they will get their crucial files after paying of the demanded fee. But it is not a right decision because there is no any assurances or promises provided by it's creators that you will get the free decryption key even paying the ransom fee. According to the cyber researchers, ransom note or message is just only a trap to full the innocent user and make online money. You are really not suggested to contact with hackers under any circumstances. To deal with such an infection, you should follow the provided below instructions carefully so that you can easily delete .fat32 Ransomware from your compromised machine.
Transmission Channels of .fat32 Ransomware
The creators of .fat32 Ransomware uses several unethical or illegal methods to infect Windows System but some of the most common are listed below :
- Download or open of any spam or junk mail attachments.
- Freeware or shareware downloads packages.
- Use of the infected removable or storage device.
- Visiting of unauthorized or adult site.
- File sharing over the peer-to-peer network and much more.
How To Remove .fat32 Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .fat32 Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .fat32 Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .fat32 Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.