Have you noticed Trojan.SlayerRAT on your PC? Is it causing lots of problems to you and stops you to do accessing PC normally? Do you want to get rid of Trojan.SlayerRAT easily? If so, you are landing at the right place. Here completely details about Trojan.SlayerRAT and its removal steps are provided. Just go through with this post completely and get the best solution.
What is Trojan.SlayerRAT?
Several malware researchers and Security expert, listed Trojan.SlayerRAT as a vicious Trojan infection which gets into your PC secretly without any consent. This threat is able to attack on almost all version of Windows Operating System. Similar to other Trojan infection, the sole intention of this threat is to intrudes into the user Computer secretly and cause lots of serious troubles to you. Once Trojan.SlayerRAT intrudes into your PC, it starts to execute various malicious activities in your Computer background which as a result degrades your System responding speed.
It is able to overriding on the registry entries and block the access of all important Computer programs such as Task manager, Control panel etc. Time-to-time, it always changes its tricks and method to affect the PC and to cause further damages. What's worse, it steals victims all sensitive data such as banking login details, username, ID, password, contact details, address etc. For the sake of privacy and keep PC safe from further harms, it is very necessary to get rid of Trojan.SlayerRAT as quickly you can.
How Trojan.SlayerRAT Enters Into Your Computer?
Similar to other typical Trojan infection, Trojan.SlayerRAT also uses various deceptive method to lands over the user Computer. These days malicious links, spam email attachments, free software packages, torrent files, infected devices, online games that usually come from the untrusted sources can help the Trojan.SlayerRAT to intrudes into the targeted Computer without asking for the users permission. It is also possible that, this threat can intrudes into your PC when you download some videos, images, PDF files, audios etc on your PC via file sharing sites. Thus it is suggested by expert that you should keep your anti-virus software up to date and scan your Computer regularly. Most importantly, you should avoid to accessing and vicious contents such as porn and gambling sites.
Harmful Properties of Trojan.SlayerRAT
- Deletes your several Computer files and different important resources.
- Locks your CPU space with titled process executing at the 100% usage.
- Throws lots of fake security alerts, warning messages and BSOD error time-to-time.
- Trojan.SlayerRAT automatically modifies your entire System and browser settings without your awareness.
- Disables the functionality of your all System security tools and software.
Steps to Remove Trojan.SlayerRAT
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.SlayerRAT
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.SlayerRAT
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.SlayerRAT and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.SlayerRAT
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.SlayerRAT and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.SlayerRAT. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.SlayerRAT related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.SlayerRAT, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.SlayerRAT Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.SlayerRAT Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.SlayerRAT and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.SlayerRAT Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.SlayerRAT and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.SlayerRAT Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.SlayerRAT, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!