Know About ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker
Belonging to the ransomware program family, ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker was firstly detected by Jiri Kropac. It has been simply identified as a disastrous threat for the PC that most commonly targets the computers systems with Windows OS installed in them. Alike various treacherous Trojan infections, it also perforates secretly in the PC without taking the user’s permission and then following that conducts a series of menacing practices inside it. Initially acquires complete control over the PC and then locks the infected device’s screen. Furthermore generates fake error message on the screen stating that the system has been locked because of several infections.
Now according to the error message generated by ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker , only “Microsoft Technicians” are the one who can resolve the issue and thus, victims being compromised should immediately establish contact with them via a contact button provided in the locked screen interface. After that a code is supposedly provided to unlock the system. Now though undoubtedly all such messages and claims appears 100% authentic but yet it is strongly suggested not to trust them. Instead one should just ignore them since as a matter of fact the messages are completely fake and are just crafted by cyber scammers for the evil purpose of scaring the novice PC users and then tricking them into contacting technicians and making payment for literally not required services.
‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker on acquiring succession proliferation in the PC, as illustrated above, takes control over the entire PC and modifies it’s preset settings. Moreover brings alteration in the default registry settings to achieve activation every time whensoever the systems get rebooted. This ransomware program also disables the installed security programs and infiltrates various other harmful infections in the PC.
Propagation Of ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker
‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker generally delivers via number of shady methods including along with the attachment of malicious emails, peer to peer file sharing, via freeware and shareware programs, infected external USB drives, older version of anitivirus programs in the PC etc.
‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker is dangerous
- Initially takes complete control over the PC and re-seizes it’s preset internal settings.
- Brings modification in the Windows essential configuration for the purpose of affecting it’s overall performance.
- Changes the default registry settings to get reactivated every time after every Windows startup.
- Bombard the infected PC’s screen with security warning, fake system alert and notifications.
- Distributes it’s duplicate copies in each and every folder present on the system’s hard drive. This leads to the degradation in the system’s speed on large extent.
Therefore, to avoid all such terrible issues and to use PC efficiently, an urgent elimination of ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker is required.
Couldn’t Remove’Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker? Best Removal Guide
A: How To Remove ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker related items from list.
B: How to Restore ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by ‘Your computer is locked !’ Screenlocker with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.