Information About Kangaroo Ransomware
Kangaroo Ransomware is a menacing infection for the PC that do includes potential of compromising PCs based on almost all the latest versions of Windows OS. It has been reported a new variant of file-encryption ransomware known as Apocalypse. Just similar to those of several other hazardous malware infections, it also sneaks secretly in the PC without seeking the user's approval and then following that conducts a series of vicious practices in it. First of all performs a deep scanning of the PC in search of the files compatible to it's corruption. Further then, on finding such files encrypts them and appends their name with the “.crypted_file” extension.
Now after the successful accomplishment of the encryption procedure, Kangaroo Ransomware opens up a pop-up message and generates identical text files beside each encrypted file. Both the generated pop-up message as well as the text files have been reported containing an identical ransom-demand message. It is still unknown about the aforementioned ransomware threat that whether it do make usage of asymmetric or symmetric cryptography as it unlike various other shady ransomware threats do not provides the victims with detailed information regarding the type of encryption being used. Instead, victims are just asked to contact developers through an email address namely [email protected]
Later on the victims are provided with detailed payment instructions i.e., the amount of money need to get paid regarding the decryption of the encrypted files. Now though the message appears legitimate but yet it is strongly advised not to make the payment as the malware analysts have very clearly proven that paying will never deliver any positive result. However it is just a trick planned by potent cyber criminals to earn more and more illicit profit from innocent PC users.
How Kangaroo Ransomware Invades Inside PC ?
Most usually Kangaroo Ransomware spreads via vicious spam emails, fake software downloads or updates, exploit kits, malware-laden ads etc. Additionally the causes such as peer to peer file sharing, transferring data from one PC to another with the help of malicious external storage media etc are also reasonable for the intrusion of such hazardous ransomware threats in the PC.
Harmful Impacts Of Kangaroo Ransomware In PC
Being a threatening infection, Kangaroo Ransomware causes numerous of dangerous issues in the PC. First of all obtain complete control over the entire PC and then changes the system's default settings. Moreover it also brings modification in the system's registry in order to get activation every time whenever users starts the PC. It also steals the user's confidential stuff and then reveal it to the online marketing agent for marketing purpose. This ransomware program weakens the potential of the security programs installed in the PC and then invade numerous more malicious infections in the PC. It prohibits the users from opening several authentic programs and degrades the PC's speed badly. Therefore, to avoid such unwanted modification and stealing issues from being occurred in the PC, it is quite important to uninstall Kangaroo Ransomware quickly from the PC.
A: How To Remove Kangaroo Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Kangaroo Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Kangaroo Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Kangaroo Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Kangaroo Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Kangaroo Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Kangaroo Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Kangaroo Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Kangaroo Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.