Good morning! Is your all files get encrypted by WickedLocker Ransomware? Now, you are looking for easy steps to eliminate the ransomware permanently from Windows. So, carefully read this post. This post help to remove this ransomware and its related all problems.
WickedLocker Ransomware : Overview
WickedLocker Ransomware is a cryptovirus that has been found by the malware researcherJack (@malwareforme). It is based on the well-known HiddenTear open-source project. It main purpose is make money for its creators. Its targeted all versions of Windows OS like Windows XP, Vista, 8, 10 and more. Mainly its distributed by spam email attchent. It invade your PC without your consent and encrypts all stored files with the help of AES encryption algorithm. During encryption process, the ransomware added .locked extension for each encrypted files. After successfully encryption, it leaves READ_IT_0.txt, READ_IT_1.txt and READ_IT_24.txt files that contain all information abouit this encryption. The ransom note tells you, if you want to restore the files then you need a decryption tool. In order to pusvchase this key send a ransom amount which is 1 bit-coin approximately 600 USD. Its recommended you, do not send any ransom amount to hackers account because is not gurantee to restore the files. If any victim send these amount for decryption key, then they will loss their money and files permanently.
Intrusion Method Of WickedLocker Ransomware-
WickedLocker Ransomware get into your computer through several ways, but the common ones are spam email attachment. When you open any email attachments which is not familiar for you that contains several other nasty threats. After execute this type of mail, WickedLocker Ransomware silently enter your PC. If you open or click free download files and porn websites links then this ransomware downloaded and hack your entire system. Other ways-
- If you are visiting suspicious sites
- Install any pirated software
- Using peer-to-peer file sharing networks.
- Using outdated anti-virus software.
- Watching adult movies and playing online games.
Rogues Activities Made By WickedLocker Ransomware-
Creator of WickedLocker Ransomware hack your banking accounts related details or other crucial accounts information when you follow their messages to pay money. This ransomware directly connecting to a remote control hackers to the purpose of installing and downloading the malicious file. WickedLocker Ransomware consume a large number of CPU usage to degrade your PC performance as well as Internet speed. When this stays for a long time in your computer other malicious threat transfer into your computer without your consent. The Ransomware encrypt your all important files for ransom amount. Download speed become very slow of entire system and makes everything difficult to respond. So, it is very important to remove WickedLocker Ransomware from the Windows as soon as possible.
Measures To Avoid WickedLocker Ransomware
- You should always use updates anti-virus software.
- Never visit or click any suspicious links.
- Always avoid spam or junk email attachments.
- You should download or install any software for official sites.
- Make a backup your all stored files in future safety.
- Without scanning storage device never insert any device.
- Be very careful while you working online task.
How To Remove WickedLocker Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End WickedLocker Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the WickedLocker Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall WickedLocker Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all WickedLocker Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall WickedLocker Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete WickedLocker Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete WickedLocker Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all WickedLocker Ransomware related programs.
Remove WickedLocker Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all WickedLocker Ransomware related entries.
Remove WickedLocker Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the WickedLocker Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free WickedLocker Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.