Description of 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam:
1-844-324-6233 tech support scam is a scam alert that used by adware. This scam support belongs to the Rogue.Tech-Support-Scam family which usually displays a fake alerts and screen error on desktop. With the fake alert and warning messages, it states that your PC is infected with very dangerous infection and you have to contact with the provided number to get the technician help. This type of scam application is mainly developed by cyber hackers to generate revenues and money from victims.
It is related to the files named 'WinCPU.exe' that built on .NET framework and associated with scam and batch files. When it launched on your screen, it locks your System screen and blocks you to access your desktop normally. This lock screen cannot be easily removed from your PC by using 'Escape button'. To disable this executable file, users need an advanced understanding of Windows Task manager. During locking your screen, it automatically connect you to the remote C&C server and wait for the instructions. To unlock the file and screen, it always forced you to make contact with technician but you should avoid to do so. Once you make contact with it then, it can steal your all crucial and confidential data. Thus, it is highly suggested by expert that you should get rid of 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam as quickly you can.
See how lockscreen looks :
How 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam intrudes into your PC?
1-844-324-6233 tech support scam uses lots of distribution method to spread over the windows PC but one of the most well known method is browsing of any scam or suspicious sites. When you access any malicious sites then it can automatically enters into your PC without any notification. Along with this, it also bundled within freeware packages. When you download and install any freeware packages from untrusted or malicious sites by using default installation then it intrudes into your PC. Thus you should pay attention carefully while downloading and installing any freeware packages.
Harmful Properties of 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam
- Throws tons of fake security alerts and warning messages.
- Disables the functionality of some tools and applications.
- Drastically slows down System and Internet performance speed.
- Alters browser settings including DNS, Search provider, homepage etc.
- 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam create a loopholes to exploits System vulnerabilities.
Learn To Remove 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing 1-844-324-6233 tech support scam from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.