MafiaWare Ransomware – Most Needful Information
First ever, evidence against MafiaWare Ransomware was submitted to virustotal.com in the beginning of January 2017. Security investigators who are posted to keep eyes on such cryptomalware informed that MafiaWare is totally based on HiddenTear project. The project was made public by software developer Utku Sen for study purposes but nowadays the project was used to develop over 10,000 cryptomalwares on the planet Earth. Distribution of the ransomware is mostly performed using Email services like Yahoo mail, Gmail, Hotmail etc. You may receive spam emails containing phishing messages and malicious executable files, once you double click it, the malicious files starts installing MafiaWare Ransomware in background without your knowledge. Since, the installer doesn’t need admin privileges you will not get any notification regarding system breach with cryptomalware. What’s worse, this ransomware when gets installed, soon enough either disables essential process of security software or inject itself with legitimate processes in order to stay inside windows undetected for a very long time.
On the compromised computer, files are enciphered with combination of RSA and AES encryption standard so that you won’t be able to read or modify your enciphered files. Since, both are sort of military-grade ciphers without using per computer-based private key (aka unlock key or decryption key) decryption of files having ‘.locked-by-mafia’ suffix are nearly impossible. To make sure MafiaWare Ransomware infection, you can find ransom note as ‘REAM_ME.txt’ inside encrypted folder and on desktop as well.
The ransom note of MafiaWare Ransomware contains following texts:
‘Your files has been encrypted by depsex
Pay $155 to my bitcoin address [34 RANDOM CHARACTERS]
And send the proof to my email email@example.com’
Please note that depsex is the another name of MafiaWare Ransomware and above mentioned email is its official email ID, can be used to contact with Attackers. However, security experts don’t allow victims to contact malicious Attackers. Because contacting them, simply puts your online banking credentials at high risk. Once, your payment card numbers, social security numbers, email, phone numbers, account numbers and login details went in the wrong hands, dooms day will begin in your normal happy life. Once day you wake up and find that your bank balance is zero then you realize what big mistake you made. That’s why we always recommend you to get rid of ransomware when you notice it first time on your computer.
What should you do next?
First of all, you should collect necessary information regarding MafiaWare Ransomware and second of all, you have to control your bad habits like installing pirated software/games, updates from unofficial websites, and executing spam email attachments as well. Cause these are the most infectious source that spread ransomware infection around the Globe. These may contain exploit kit, installers, or droppers script that are programmed to install MafiaWare Ransomware.
Therefore, to safeguard your computer we recommend you to keep a highly efficient security software installed and up-to-date on your computer. Besides, to restore your files you can use ‘ShadowExplorer’ or System Restore Point Option but we repeat do not contact ransomware developers. Follow the given MafiaWare Ransomware removal and file restoring technique:
Looking for MafiaWare Ransomware removal guide, watch this video
How To Remove MafiaWare Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End MafiaWare Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the MafiaWare Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall MafiaWare Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all MafiaWare Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall MafiaWare Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete MafiaWare Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete MafiaWare Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all MafiaWare Ransomware related programs.
Remove MafiaWare Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all MafiaWare Ransomware related entries.
Remove MafiaWare Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the MafiaWare virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free MafiaWare Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.