Is your computer infected by BTC Ransomware? Your anti-virus software do not able to remove the threat? Now, you are looking its effective removal solution? Then this post will help you to remove BTC Ransomware from the PC.
BTC Ransomware : Information
BTC Ransomware is a member of ransomware family which is discovered by Michael Gillespie. After infiltrating the system, the ransomware encrypts all stored files and also add “.BTC” extension to the name of each encrypted file. For example, “sample.jpg” becomes after encryption “sample.jpg.BTC”. The Ransomware uses the PGP or RSA encryption method in order to generating public and private keys. After successful encryption, BTC Ransomware creates a text file “BTC_DECRYPT_FILES.txt” and leave it on the computer screen. Its a ransom note that contain instructions for payment and decryption. The ransom note encourages victims to contact developers through email addresses provided [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] to restore the encrypted data. It also demand a ransom amount that is between .5 and 1.5 Bitcoin. Its recommended you, do not send any amount to hackers because its only a scam to make money.
BTC Ransomware : Distribution
- When you download free-ware application from unauthorized websites.
- Playing online games and watching online videos.
- When you access junk email attachments and spam email attachments.
- Using outdated anti-virus.
- Downloading softwares from unreliable links.
- Sharing peer-to-peer files over untrusted networks.
- Install pirated software.
- Use of infected external media like pen drive, USB hard drive etc
- Updating existing programs or applications from redirected links.
- Browse rogue websites
Malicious Doings Of BTC Ransomware
Main purpose of BTC Ransomware is encrypts all of the important files on the infected computer such as videos, images, files associated with often used programs, audio files, Microsoft Office and more for making money. It silently permits hacker’s to provide complete control of the system. The ransomware has ability to brings more other threats such as malware, spyware, adware without your permission. It easily steal your all confidential details including IP address, username, password, credit card number or debit card number, phone number, bank account details and more. These details sent to cyber criminals in order to illegal activities. It also connected with the remote server to the purpose of send the information related to system. So, it is very important to get rid of BTC Ransomware from the PC as quickly as possible.
Looking For BTC Ransomware Removal Guide, Watch This Video
How To Remove BTC Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End BTC Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the BTC Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall BTC Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all BTC Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall BTC Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete BTC Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete BTC Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all BTC Ransomware related programs.
Remove BTC Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all BTC Ransomware related entries.
Remove BTC Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the BTC Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free BTC Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.