Detailed Information & Working Tactics of EncryptServer2018 Ransomware
EncryptServer2018 Ransomware is a newly developed ransomware detected by security analysts in third week of the January 2018. Like other variant of ransomware infection, it also makes files unreadable or inaccessible and extort money from victim. It does not infect the Single System but it infects the complete server which makes this ransomware more dangerous compared to the other notorious System infection. It is specifically designed to lock the all user-generated content including databases, family photos, contacts, office documents, downloaded music and movies etc. The enciphered object of EncryptServer2018 Ransomware can be easily notified on your desktop screen because it append '.2018' suffix at the end of the original filename. This ransomware actually delete Shadow Volume copies that created by the Windows and disable all feature of System recovery, once locking files and making all files inaccessible, it displayed a ransom note within a notepad containing following text :
No Need To Trust on Ransom Message of EncryptServer2018 Ransomware
On ransom note, affected System users are asked to contact with the cyber crooks behind the EncryptServer2018 Ransomware via an email address 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. By displaying ransom message, hackers offered a decryption key to decrypt files. But you should trust on it under any circumstances because ransom note is just only a tricky thing used by the group of cyber criminals just only to trick users into paying ransom fee. Some of the System users reported that hackers often ignored victims once ransom is paid which means there are no any assurances provided by it's developers that you will get the free decryption key even paying the huge amount of ransom fee.
Ways Through Which EncryptServer2018 Ransomware Affect PC
According to the security analysts, EncryptServer2018 Ransomware uses numerous deceptive channels to infiltrate inside the PC but manly enter via week remote desktop protocol. If you have the weak or poor remote desktop services then your System may easily get infected with such a ransomware infection. The hackers always exchanges its penetration way to infect Windows System but some of the most common distribution channels of EncryptServer2018 Ransomware are bundling method, spam campaigns, infected devices, porn sites, pirated software, malicious links or suspicious ads and many more.
Prevention Measures Against EncryptServer2018 Ransomware
Once getting familiar with the proliferation channels of EncryptServer2018 Ransomware, you can easily prevent your PC against the attack of this or another ransomware including :
- Don't open any spam messages or emails that appear in your inbox from unknown sender.
- Avoid to visit any untrusted or malicious domain.
- Don't use any untrusted sources to download & install any cost-free packages.
- Keep your OS and installed applications always up-to-date.
- Keep a backup copy of your data or other crucial data on regular basis.
A: How To Remove EncryptServer2018 Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill EncryptServer2018 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the EncryptServer2018 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall EncryptServer2018 Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all EncryptServer2018 Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore EncryptServer2018 Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing EncryptServer2018 Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing EncryptServer2018 Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by EncryptServer2018 Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.