[email protected] Ransomware is one of the latest ransomware infection breaking out recently. Similar to other ransomware infection, it also locks users file with powerful file encryption code and after that push the novice users into paying ransom fee in just short period of time. But you should not pay ransom fee. Instead of paying ransom demanded fee, affected users must delete [email protected] Ransomware by following appropriate ransomware removal instruction which is described at the end of this post.
Initial Inspection Report on [email protected] Ransomware
|Name of Threat||[email protected] Ransomware|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Description||[email protected] Ransomware is another notorious ransomware infection which locks users files and drops a ransom note for demanding hefty ransom fee.|
|Occurrences||Spam emails, junk mail attachments, executable files, gambling sites, pirated software, contaminated devices etc.|
|Is File Decryption Possible||Yes|
|To decrypt files and delete [email protected] Ransomware easily and completely from affected PC, System users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Reasons Why Experts Categorized [email protected] Ransomware As Harmful
According to the security analysts, [email protected] Ransomware is another notorious infection specifically designed to lock users content and attempt to sell the decryptor to affected System users. Some of the researchers are listed it under low-tier crypto threat that can easily affect almost all version of Windows PC when System users opened any macro-enable document or spam campaign. It behaves very similarly to another ransomware that uses modified AES-256 cipher algorithm to lock users stored files including audios or videos clips, databases, documents, PDFs, images and many more. After that it drops a ransom note on desktop screen labeled as "!=How_recovery_files=!.txt".
Know What Does Ransom Note of [email protected] Ransomware Say
Ransom note is usually appear on users screen in text file format that tries to convince victims that their files have been locked and they have to pay ransom demanded fee in the provided time period to get the unique file decryption key. Once seeing ransom message, most of the System users easily get agreed to pay ransom demanded fee. If you are also one of them then there is a bad news for you. Because there is no any guarantee delivered by its developer that you will get the unique decryption key even paying the ransom demanded fee. Ransom note is just only designed and created by the team of cyber criminals to trick novice users into paying ransom fee. Therefore, affected users must get rid of [email protected] Ransomware from their PC instead of paying ransom demanded fee.
Remove [email protected] Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected] Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.