A expert report on the attack of [email protected] Virus
Do you know about [email protected] Virus? If don't then you should know that is is a very nasty file encrypting malware that encode your files and demand ransom in order to regain the access of it. It is capable to attack on various Windows platforms and runs malicious tasks on it after attack. According to security experts reports it mainly delivered to the system users through networks or spam or junk emails. It is a very serious concern about your PC if it attacked on it. It can lock your files and scare you by saying to delete it permanently if you do not pay the ransom. It endangers your privacy and valuable files. If you do not remove from your system then later on you may face some more dangerous problems due to the existence of this ransom virus on your PC.
Just few days ago this [email protected] Virus becomes very infamous as it is reported to attacked on various numbers of Windows system all over the world. It uses a very specified custom cryptography encryption engine to perform the encryption on the victim's computer. After encryption it transformed the files names with their signature name and then after show a ransom note on the infected PC to pay the ransom if you do not want to lose your files permanently. It has been reported that some of he victims pay the ransom but there is not any assistance provided by the hackers to remove this malware from the system and there is not any free decryption tool has been designed by the security experts yet. So you should try to remove it from the compromised PC.
What are the techniques used by [email protected] Virus for infection distribution?
Cryptomalware such as [email protected] Virus normally invade into the computers which may have less secured and outdated OS or software. If you do not use updated software on your system, opening of spam emails, malicious downloads, sponsored ads, use of infected links or update links, freeware downloads, file sharing sites and other possible infecting methods.
Final conclusion on [email protected] Virus
If [email protected] Virus attack on your PC then there is nothing to panic. Firstly check your system files and data carefully to any of the unlocked files. If all your data has locked then try to scan your whole system using your security program and delete this threat from your system. If your antivirus fails to delete [email protected] Virus then follow the manual removal guidance that is given just after the end of the post.
A: How To Remove [email protected] Virus From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill [email protected] Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the [email protected] Virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall [email protected] Virus From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] Virus related items from list.
B: How to Restore [email protected] Virus Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing [email protected] Virus from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing [email protected] Virus from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by [email protected] Virus with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.