Somehow Esmeralda Ransomware got on my Win 7 PC. It has encrypted all my stored files. I really don’t know how to get them back. Can someone please help me to get back my all valuable data? At least, please tell me how to delete Esmeralda Ransomware.
Researchers Report on Esmeralda Ransomware :
Esmeralda Ransomware is a new variant of the Apocalypse Ransomware which first of all surfaced in the June 2016. It uses the same domain for an email contact and encrypts all files by using the .encrypted extension at the end of the file to locked them. This variant of ransomware uses the strong AES encryption algorithm to lock the stored file.
Esmeralda Ransomware – More Details
The sole intention of Esmeralda Ransomware is to fool System users into thinking that their stored data is encrypted as a Security Measure. This ransomware is named after the firstname.lastname@example.org. The interesting thing about the message of this ransomware is that it is looked very stylish like a notification from the Computer administrator. After encrypting files, it replaced the background image and leaves a ransom note which forced the user to pay the huge amount to get a unique decryption tool and to make the profit from third-party. The ransomware note which displayed by Esmeralda Ransomware looks like as below.
Unlike Zepto ransomware, it does not append a custom file extension to the corrupted objects. All encrypted data are represented in the Windows Explorer with the default icon and lack of a thumbnail. It deletes the Shadow Volume Copies which able to make the backups of your all photos and documents
Intrusion Method of Esmeralda Ransomware
Esmeralda Ransomware is distributed over the Windows PC in the same way as the original ransomware. Generally, it spread over the Computer via Spam emails or Junk mail attachments that loaded with macro-enabled documents. Spam emails are made by cyber offenders in such a way that is presented to you as very important. Thus, you need to be very careful while accessing or open any attachments that send from the unknown senders. In most of the cases, the payload files are executable and you can easily see an example of such file on VirusTotal database which looks like as below.
Beside this, it uses other deceptive and tricky way to intrudes into your PC. It can be easily delivered to your PC via file-sharing site, social media sites etc. This type of ransomware is mainly designed and created by cyber hackers along with a sole intention to make money and profit from you.
Harmful Properties of Esmeralda Ransomware
- Completely locks your all System files and make you inaccessible access them.
- Alters your entire DNS, Computer and Browser settings without any notification.
- Create a System loopholes to exploit your vulnerabilities.
- Esmeralda Ransomware may stop the functionality of your security tools and software.
- Gathers your all sensitive data and exposed them to the public.
How To Remove Esmeralda Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Esmeralda Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Esmeralda Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Esmeralda Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.