Are you facing error code:0xc0000185 on Windows startup? Is it hamper your System experience? Looking for an easy way to fix error code 0xc0000185? If so, you are absolutely at the appropriate place. Here you will know why error code appear on your Windows startup and how can you easily fix error code 0xc0000185. Go through with this post completely.
Know About Error Code 0xc0000185
The appearing of error code: 0xc0000185 on your System, is clear indication that there is a malfunction in your Windows PC operation. “0xc0000185” error is hexadecimal format of error code which is mainly used by the Windows and other Windows compatible software. Such an error code has numerous error number and the technical description includes which System application or component malfunctioned, why it occurred and much more. For more queries related to error code 0xc0000185, you might visit forum site.
Factors Responsible For Causing Error Code 0xc0000185
- Damaged or missing boot files
- Damaged disk drive
- Loose cable connection between your PC and hard drive
- Errors in disk drive
- Malware attack
- Accidental deletion of crucial registry entry
- Improper Computer shut down and much more.
Instruction on How To Fix Error Code 0xc0000185
To fix error code 0xc0000185, there are numerous technique or method is available but some of the most common are listed below :
Solution 1 : Check Wire Connection.
Since loose of connection is one of the major factor for causing error code 0xc0000185. Therefore it is highly advised that you must check whether there is a problem with Computer connection or not. To check this, you must unscrew your System CPU to access hard disk and to ensure that the wire connecting PC and hard disk is not loose or damaged. With this method, you can confirm that components are fixed in their respective places properly.
Solution 2 : Restore Your Windows OS
It is a best solution to fix error code 0xc0000185. Regrading this, you must follow these steps very carefully :
- Insert the media of Windows OS installation into appropriate drive,
- Press F12 from your keyboard just after restarting your PC.
- Select installation media as booting disk.
- On the appeared Windows Setup Window, you must click on “Next” button.
- Click on ‘Next’ button and choose ‘Repair your Computer’.
- Now go to Troubleshoot > Advanced option.
- On the next window, you have to choose “Restore” option and pay attention on the step by step instruction.
Solution 3 : Check your Hard Disk
- Press key “Win + X” together.
- Now click on the ‘Command Prompt’.
- In the appeared dialog box, type “chkdsk/R” and click on Enter key.
Solution 4 : Windows Re-Installation
In order to fix error code 0xc0000185, you must re-install your Windows OS. The fresh installation of Windows System usually wipes out the all files including program files from the disk drive by formatting. Keeping Windows OS healthy at all the times is an easy and effective way to prevent System from 0xc0000185 error or other Windows error.