Complete Details That You Must Know About Gatmog Search Extension
Gatmog Search Extension is a dubious extension promoted on gatmog.com. It is promoted as a domain to trick more and more innocent users but mainly it is a type of potentially unwanted program designed by the group of cyber hackers along with the wrong intention. Similar to the other potentially unwanted program, it penetrates inside the PC secretly via bundling method and along with other shareware packages without user's awareness. Rather than providing any helpful features, it alter users crucial parameters including new tab page URL, default search engine and much more. It mainly targets all popular browsers including Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari and many more. See how Gatmog Search Extension looks legitimate on it's official domain :
Threat's Summary of Gatmog Search Extension
|Threat's Name||Gatmog Search Extension|
|Category||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|Description||It is a dubious Chrome extension that gets inside the PC secretly and hijack user's all browsers with evil intentions.|
|Occurrences||Via bundling method, spam emails, infected devices, file sharing sources, gambling site and many more.|
|Symptoms||Slows down performance speed, alter entire browser settings, open System backdoor etc.|
|Recommended||Download Free Windows Scanner To Delete Gatmog Search Extension.|
Harmful Effects & Removal Solution of Gatmog Search Extension
Once it infect the installed browser or hijack them, it sets user's default search engine and homepage to its partnered site. At the first sight, this extension looks too much similar to legitimate or helpful extension that claims user to enhance System as well as browsing experience. However, in reality it does not bring any actual benefit for the System users. Specifically it has been designed to generate the advertising revenue for developers. Such a dubious extension is known to annoy Computer users with endless commercial ads that is mainly relies on the simple scheme called PPC scheme. A simple click on advertisements intentionally or accidentally will leads victims to third-party site and generates online profit for victim.
The presence of Gatmog Search Extension may really cause lots of serious troubles to you. As soon as it gets activated inside the PC, it immediately start to conduct lots of malicious tasks. It is responsible for causing redirection issues and for this it alter your default search engine and homepage. It also makes your System performance speed too much dull than before by highly consuming Computer resources and memory space. The worrisome behavior of such an extension is information gathering that can lead you to the security risk. There is really no any need to download Gatmog Search Extension inside the PC. Once you get its any harmful symptom, you must delete Gatmog Search Extension immediately without any delay.
Learn To Remove Gatmog Search Extension Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Gatmog Search Extension Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Gatmog Search Extension Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Gatmog Search Extension related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Gatmog Search Extension On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Gatmog Search Extension from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.