Have you got file encrypting ransomware as RemindMe Ransomware on your system? Does it encrypt your system files that were present over your system? Does it show you scary message on your system that you have suspicious threats on your system? Does it scared you by displaying its bogus message that would appear for long time on your system? Does it gain complete access over your system? Does it demands any ransom money to be paid to its hackers? Does it redirect you to another malicious site? Do you have more trouble when it reside for long time on your PC? If all these happening into your PC, you should immediately remove RemindMe Ransomware from your system.
RemindMe Ransomware is used as powerful and threatening ransomware infection that would invade silently into your PC and create more disturbances in your system. It is basically designed by cyber criminals in order to encrypt all your personal files, and demands money in return. It would affect all your system files and appends .remind extensions to your infected files, so that you can easily distinguish between those files that are present over your system. It would create decrypt_your_files.html and decrypt_your_files.txt files that would placed in your every folder that contains the encrypted files. These infected files basically contains message that states that your files get encrypted, you must pay ransom in order to restore back your files. It demands 2 Bitcoin in order to decrypt your files. Typically, it would provide limited days in order to paying your money to its hackers. If you didn't pay within time, all your files would be get lost immediately. It also contains step by step payment instructions that would provide to its user through their emails . After getting these email, they will receive their decryption key. But it does not provide what does it claims. You should never believe on this untrustworthy application, and don't pay single penny to its hackers. It set a trap so that you would fall in it and can't get escape fro its false tactics. It basically come to extort your money as well as precious data. So, only thing you have to do is to remove RemindMe Ransomware entirely from your PC.
Remove RemindMe Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove RemindMe Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove RemindMe Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To RemindMe Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find RemindMe Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove RemindMe Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove RemindMe Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the RemindMe Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the RemindMe Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.