LightningDownloader is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and is category as an adware. It comes in bundled with free downloads and can install automatically in your Windows PC. However, if once your system gets infected with the dware then you will found several unwanted ads on your browser while browsing on-net. Its presence creates numerous trouble on the victims and compromise the security of your computer system. It silently run in the system background and work on to poorly degrade your Windows PC. The worst part of the adware is, all the pages you visit soon gets covered up with LightningDownloader ads.
Along with this, LightningDownloader alters the Windows start-up settings so that each time the operating system runs and it automatically gets executed. The unwanted ads also contains harmful links and so clicking on the ads sometimes causes redirection issues. It redirects you to unsafe websites and download of malware or other threats starts automatically. Due to presence of such threats the speed and performance of your PC as well as the browser decreases. Besides this, it collect important data such credit card info, bank details, login and password including your personal details from the victims PC and left you with identity theft. Hence, if you are fed-up of the annoying ads pop-ups and looking for quick removal tips. Then, follow the instruction mentioned below and remove LightningDownloader from your Windows PC.
Step:1 Remove LightningDownloader or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for LightningDownloader or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall LightningDownloader or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove LightningDownloader
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of LightningDownloader from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall LightningDownloader
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by LightningDownloader will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of LightningDownloader
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from LightningDownloader in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against LightningDownloader
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting LightningDownloader while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and LightningDownloader Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from LightningDownloader
How to Block LightningDownloader Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still LightningDownloader exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about LightningDownloader Removal