I am detecting _RECOVERY_+pillt.png extension in my stored files. When I double-clicked on the files then a warning alert appeared on the screen which said that my files has been encrypted and I need to buy the decryption key. For the first time, I am detecting such type of situation in my system. What is file encryption? How is it possible in my system? Why the extensions of my files has been changed to _RECOVERY_+pillt.png? Is there any other way to make my files accessible without paying the fine?
_RECOVERY_+pillt.png is a file extension which is caused by ransomware. It can attack your PC secretly when you open spam emails or downloads softwares from unauthorized sites. It is capable to encrypt all types of stored files or documents and makes them completely inaccessible. When you will try to open the files, _RECOVERY_+pillt.png will generate warnings that you need to purchase the decryption key by sending certain amount of money with 24 to 48 hours. It will say that making delay in payment can delete the key permanently from the server and then you will not be able to recover these files. This threat can stop all the programs execution and doesn't allow the users to perform any task on the system.
_RECOVERY_+pillt.png will constantly flood your screen with unwanted pop ups or advertisement which will be completely annoying. However, the money doesn't matter when it comes to your important files but you need to be aware that it is only a scam of the hackers which should not be trusted by the users. When you pay money, it is possible that it will send a file but you will not be able to execute it in the system due to corruption. The worst part is that it will monitor your online payments and record all the credential data such as passwords, credit card details, bank account number etc which you will type while making online transactions. This threat is not only dangerous for your files but also affects your personal identity. Hence, you need to remove the presence of _RECOVERY_+pillt.png immediately if it is available in your PC.
How To Remove _RECOVERY_+pillt.png From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End _RECOVERY_+pillt.png Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the _RECOVERY_+pillt.png related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall _RECOVERY_+pillt.png From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all _RECOVERY_+pillt.png related items from list.
Uninstall _RECOVERY_+pillt.png From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete _RECOVERY_+pillt.png related items from the programs list.
Delete _RECOVERY_+pillt.png From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all _RECOVERY_+pillt.png related programs.
Remove _RECOVERY_+pillt.png Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all _RECOVERY_+pillt.png related entries.
Remove _RECOVERY_+pillt.png Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the _RECOVERY_+pillt.png virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free _RECOVERY_+pillt.png Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.