AutoTinker is deemed as potentially unwanted program which should not be allowed to exist for long time in the PC. However, it comes without any prior notifications which is difficult to detect by the users in early phase. AutoTinker carries ability to hide its existence under the deep files by changing their names. You will notice unknown plug-ins, add-ons or extensions in all the web browsers which includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. When you will launch the browser, it is possible that all your Google, Yahoo and Bing search results will be automatically re-routed to unreliable pages of the third parties in order to increase their network traffic.
AutoTinker will appear on the screen with floods of pop ups and advertisements with the sponsored links of commercial pages. It will pretend itself a genuine program and claims to help the users in their online shopping by providing attractive offers or discounts. Your screen will be filled with discount offers, links of free downloads, promo etc. Once the user proceed for the payment after shopping, it will secretly gain their financial details, bank account information, sensitive passwords etc. Moreover, it may install additional programs secretly in the system. AutoTinker posses high security risk to the users identity, so, you should not allow it to stay longer.
Apart from this, AutoTinker is also responsible for decreasing the running speed of the PC including Internet connection in which normal working is almost impossible. Moreover, most of the installed softwares may stop responding and when you try to install the latest version of the programs, it will display the message of insufficient memory. This program can also increase the CPU usage by creating the fake processes when all your programs are closed. You may also detect corruption of important files and unwanted change in the default settings of the system including privacy or security settings. Whats worse, crashing of the operating system will become a regular issue and permanent freezing is also possible. So, it is essential for the users to wipe out the presence of AutoTinker instantly after detection.
Learn To Remove AutoTinker Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete AutoTinker Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of AutoTinker Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to AutoTinker related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from AutoTinker On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing AutoTinker from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.