This guide is especially written for the users whose system has been infected with BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu. It is a dangerous threat which should not be allowed to stay for long time in the system. If you are having difficulty in its removal process then you need to follow the given instructions carefully. It will remove the presence of BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu permanently from the infected system.
BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu is a latest detection in Trojan category which has created havoc amongst the users of Windows based system. It is capable to exploit the vulnerabilities of the PC and carries ability to leads it to destructive situation. The geographical distribution of BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu is high which has been detected by the users across the world. Its wild level is low but the fatal level of the threat is high. This threat is capable to corrupt your important files by adding malicious codes and makes them completely inaccessible. However, its file size differs in different PC but when you will install new applications, it can generate the message of insufficient memory space alert. In fact, its worst impacts can also damage the updated antivirus program and other security settings of the system. Thus, you need to remove BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu in the initial phase after detection.
You will be shocked to know that BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu can also result dangerous for the personal identity of the users. It is designed in such a way which can keep its eyes on your online session secretly. When you proceed to make any online payment then it can make use of keylogger to record your keystrokes when you type any sensitive details related to your bank account, credit card information, login Id, passwords, Geo-location and many more. Additionally, it is also capable to bypass the collected data to the third parties and allows them to use for illegal purpose. Moreover, it will annoy you by rebooting the system at certain intervals of time during your important works. Hence, if you don't want to face such troubles in future then remove the ill-effects of BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu permanently after detection.
Steps to Remove BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu Running Processes.
- Right Click on BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove BrowserModifier:Win32/Smudplu, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!