A week ago, [email protected] was discovered by PC security researchers, appends .2xx9 file extensions to the files that are stored compromised computers. Tthe ransomware uses a file encryption standard called as AES-256 cipher from HiddenTear ransomware project which is nearly impossible to break out. After successful infiltration, [email protected] contacts with its distributors through connecting to a remote C&C server to transmit collected credentials data receive the scheduled updates/commands. This ransomware gets spread mostly via Spam emails, trojanised links on forums and exploit kit like Neutrino. Even, hackers distribute it via drive by downloads through a thousand of compromised web pages, porn site and advertising platform as well.
Furthermore, researchers claim that it must be developed by a less experienced developers, because its code include SMTP credential for Gmail and it looks like a test version which may not be created to target a lots of PC users. Though, it belongs to the same family of ransomware such as ShinoLocker and Domino. It displays ransom note on your desktop demanding ransom amount in order to unlock your files. It shows and leaves following ransom note on your desktop.
How does [email protected] pose risk to your privacy?
The ransomware installs various spyware program like PWSteal/Keylogger to record your keystrokes. In other word, it purloins your credential data like login details – ID/Password, email, mailing address, online banking transactions details without your knowledge. You might want to know how does it happen? If you use online payment system usually then you must have noticed that Bank’s official payment gateway contain suggestion to use ON-SCREEN-keyboard. Because this keyword appears on your PC screen, and you input data using your mouse so that any Spyware can’t get to record it. But if a spyware is programmed to capture your PC screen to record video in background can easily steal your data. Hence, it is necessary to get rid of infection.
Indication of [email protected]
Source code analysis of the ransomware reveals that it scans for a wide variety of files to encode. Files that can be targeted includes: documents, videos, photos, database files, etc. It targets following .sql, .mdb, .sln, .php, .asp, .aspx,.txt, .doc, .html, .xml, .psd, .dll, .lnk, .pdf,.docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .odt, .jpg, .png, .csv.
encrypted files may exist on your PC’s local drive, external drive including mapped network drive, .2xx9 extension must be appended with the name of each encoded files.
[email protected] trigger your PC to open ransom note on your PC screen, whenever you restart your PC. You may see READ_ME.txt on your desktop.
Its developers don’t ask you to pay fixed amount, it totally depends on you that how much money you have got or how important your files are!
- It generates and modifies value strings in the Windows Registry to obtains permission to start its malicious process secretly. It targets following registry entries: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
Therefore, we strongly recommend you to delete [email protected] from infected Windows PC and restore the original files by following the given instruction:
How To Remove [email protected] From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End [email protected] Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the [email protected] related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall [email protected] From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all [email protected] related items from list.
Uninstall [email protected] From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete [email protected] related items from the programs list.
Delete [email protected] From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all [email protected] related programs.
Remove [email protected] Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all [email protected] related entries.
Remove [email protected] Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the [email protected] virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free [email protected] Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.