I am getting HQ Video Pro alerts every time I start my online session. It asks me to install its free application which will help me to convert the online video to HD quality. I was looking forward for such type of software but my friend told me it is fake. Will you please provide complete information about HQ Video Pro? Should I download its free version from the link which appears during my online session? If it is not trustworthy then please help me to get rid of such annoying alerts permanently.
HQ Video Pro is regarded as adware program which usually sneaks in the system bundled with free programs. While surfing the web, you will find its alerts on the screen which will ask you to install its free application which is compatible with different versions of Windows based system. HQ Video Pro claims to allow the users to change the video into HD quality within few minutes. You need to know that it is a fake program which is created by the cyber crook. When you will agree to install the program without reading its terms then you are allowing malicious threats such as spyware or adware to penetrate in the system. These programs are responsible for decreasing the running speed of various functions of the PC in which normal working is almost impossible. So, if HQ Video Pro is available in your system then try to uninstall it as early as possible.
HQ Video Pro is also capable to install its fake extensions in the default browser without the users permission or even knowledge. Its existence will occupy huge space in the system memory and when you will attempt to install new application then it will generate the alert of insufficient memory space. Whats worse, this program will damage the other softwares or programs which were installed in the system and makes them completely inaccessible. This program also have ability to perform changes in the default settings of the system including browser settings, host file system, DLL files, privacy settings etc. hence, it is essential for the users to remove HQ Video Pro immediately after detection from the system.
Learn To Remove HQ Video Pro Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete HQ Video Pro Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of HQ Video Pro Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to HQ Video Pro related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from HQ Video Pro On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing HQ Video Pro from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.