Deep Research on Search.Protectedio.com
Search.Protectedio.com is dubious search engine which was first released in 2012 is supported by ProtectedLO, till now it has comprised more then 20,000 PCs. After a long time, its developers updated it on October 16, 2015 in order to improve its capabilities. The newly updated version of the browser hijacker is being operated from Hong Kong, has established its server on pam.ns.cloudflare.com. Search.Protectedio.com takes control over the Internet browsers on your compromised PC and modify the default Internet Browser settings by changing the default homepage and search engine to Search.Protectedio.com without any consent. Despites, it can force users to use its questionable search service and decide what would be shown to them. Search.Protectedio.com redirect virus usually strike on your PC by the aids of its official website which looks similar to Google.com and along with freeware bundled package installers.
Furthermore, Search.Protectedio.com has the ability to prevent web browsers from viewing normal search results on SERP and redirect them to advertising platforms which may be online shopping website, porn website, adult dating or social websites, online software stores etc. Besides, this browser hijacker covers up the PC screen with creepy ad-supported windows whenever your PC goes online while you may be installing some applications or downloading some media from websites or playing online game or may be chatting with friends. In most cases, the advertising web pages are designed to promote specific products or services to generate revenue on the basis of pay-per-click technique. It’s not suggested for the users to click on suspicious links or download contents on those web sites because everything that you see on those pages can be a malicious or Hoax. If you are getting the frequent pop-up advertisements or being redirected to advertising site, we don't advise you to ignore them, instead you should remove browser hijacker instantly.
How is Search.Protectedio.com dangerous?
Belonging to browser hijacker family, Search.Protectedio.com has extracted satisfaction from the success of advertising bombardment and generating huge revenue for the Crooks. There are more chances for unwanted programs break into your infected PC because this hijacker disables browser's self protect settings, as a result some unnecessary add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins may be installed to the web browser, which will affect the performance the browser greatly. Moreover, the Search.Protectedio.com will provide random web links to ignorant you, which are likely to be corrupted by Cyberpunks. Sometimes, users even encounter browser crash or computer system freeze-up. Though, access to those suspicious websites or pages will lead you toward unexpected consequences. As a result, your compromised PC might be completely damaged by malicious computer threats like spyware, adware, Trojan/Worm and browser hijackers. Additionally, you may loss your important files and your credentials get leaked among Cyberpunks and advertisers.
Therefore, we recommend you to follow the given guide to remove Search.Protectedio.com from your web browsers immediately.
Manual Steps to Remove Search.Protectedio.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Search.Protectedio.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Search.Protectedio.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Search.Protectedio.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Search.Protectedio.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Search.Protectedio.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Search.Protectedio.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Search.Protectedio.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Search.Protectedio.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Search.Protectedio.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Search.Protectedio.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.