I was looking for a translator then I found Translation Buddy Toolbar on the web. It was claiming to translate in over fifty languages in just one click. I installed its free extension in my PC. But after sometime, my system started to behave strangely. My surfing was automatically diverted to malicious pages and unwanted alerts appears on my screen. I immediately tried to uninstall Translation Buddy Toolbar but failed. Does installing the unknown toolbar is the reason for such situations in my system? What can I do now?
Translation Buddy Toolbar is classified as potentially unwanted program which is recently detected by the users of United States, Spain and Australia. It pretends itself an useful application which claims to help the users in translation contents or websites in over 50 languages within single clicks. Translation Buddy Toolbar will tactics on the users to install its free toolbar which is compatible with different web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc. According to experts, it is an adware which can result dangerous for the system performance. It carries ability to perform changes in the default settings of the PC without the users consent and misleads the surfing session to unauthorized sites. If you have found Translation Buddy Toolbar in your browser then you need to uninstall it quickly.
Translation Buddy Toolbar works for the cyber criminals and helps them in making profits. This program can bring lots of malignant threats if you download its free version without reading its terms and Conditions. Whats more, it tries to gain the web history, cookies or cache from the compromised PC secretly. Its main motive is to send your sensitive informations related to bank account, passwords, credit cards, Geo-location etc to the cyber criminals with malignant aim. Additionally, you will have troubles in accessing your favorite pages in its presence as it can block your IP address and shows error message when you will try to access them. Hence, do not ignore Translation Buddy Toolbar for long time if it is available in your browser.
Step:1 Remove Translation Buddy Toolbar or any Suspicious Program from Control Panel resulting in Pop-ups
- Click on Start and in Menu, Select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, Search for Translation Buddy Toolbar or any suspicious program
- Once found, Click to Uninstall Translation Buddy Toolbar or related program from list of Programs
- However, if you are not sure do not Uninstall it as this will remove it permanently from the system.
Step:2 How to Reset Google Chrome to Remove Translation Buddy Toolbar
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC
- On the top right corner of the browser you will see 3 stripes option, click on it.
- After that click on Settings from the list of menus available on chrome’s panel.
- At the end of the page, a button is available with option to “Reset settings”.
- Click on the button and get rid of Translation Buddy Toolbar from your Google Chrome.
How to Reset Mozilla Firefox to Uninstall Translation Buddy Toolbar
- Open Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the options icon with 3 stripes sign and also click on help option with (?) mark.
- Now click on “Troubleshooting Information” from the given list.
- Within the upper right corner of the next window you can find “Refresh Firefox” button, click on it.
- To reset your Mozilla Firefox browser simply click on “Refresh Firefox” button again, after which all unwanted changes made by Translation Buddy Toolbar will be removed automatically.
Steps to Reset Internet Explorer to Get Rid of Translation Buddy Toolbar
- You need to close all Internet Explorer windows which are currently working or open.
- Now open Internet Explorer again and click on Tools button, with wrench icon.
- Go to the menu and click on Internet Options.
- A dialogue box will appear, then click on Advanced tab on it.
- Saying Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click on Reset again.
- When IE applied the default settings then, click on Close. And then click OK.
Restart the PC is a must for taking effect on all the changes you have made.
Step:3 How to Protect your PC from Translation Buddy Toolbar in Near Future
Steps to Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer: Activate SmartScreen Filter against Translation Buddy Toolbar
- This can be done on IE Versions 8 and 9. It mailnly helps in detecting Translation Buddy Toolbar while browsing
- Launch IE
- Choose Tools in IE 9. If you are using IE 8, Find Safety option in Menu
- Now Select SmartScreen Filter and opt for Turn on SmartScreen Filter
- Once done, Restart IE
How to Enable Phishing and Translation Buddy Toolbar Protection on Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome browser
- Select Customize and Control Google Chrome (3-Bar Icon)
- Now Choose Settings from the option
- In the Settings Option, Click on Show advanced Settings which can be found at the bottom of the Setup
- Select Privacy Section and click on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Now Restart Chrome, this will keep your browser safe from Translation Buddy Toolbar
How to Block Translation Buddy Toolbar Attack and Web Forgeries
- Click to Load Mozilla Firefox
- Press on Tools on Top Menu and Select options
- Choose Security and enable check mark on following
- warn me when some site installs add-ons
- Block reported Web forgeries
- Block reported attack Sites
If still Translation Buddy Toolbar exists on your system, Scan your PC to detect and Get Rid of it
Kindly submit your question, incase if you wish to know more about Translation Buddy Toolbar Removal