Trojan horse generic_r.eji is deemed as Trojan infection which enters in the PC without the users consent and tries to take over its full control by changing the default settings. Usually, it comes attached with free downloads from unreliable pages, spam email attachments, infected removable devices etc. You must know that Trojan horse generic_r.eji works as a agent of the cyber crooks and helps them in earning illegal profits. Initially, it modifies the registry entries by adding harmful codes and payloads which helps the threat to execute automatically when you boot the system. It works from background and disables the working of installed programs and important files. So, you should not ignore the existence of Trojan horse generic_r.eji for long time in the system.
Once Trojan horse generic_r.eji gets installed, you will notice strange activities and it is possible that your PC will respond extremely slow to your instructions. This threat can increase the CPU utilizations by creating fake processes in the task manager. Even more, it also stops the users from installing new applications by showing the message of insufficient memory alert. Besides this, it can also affect your personal identity as it is capable to track the online session of the users and gains their sensitive data which they type during the banking transactions. Moreover, it can also share these details with the third parties. Hence, it is essential for the users to wipe out the worst impacts of Trojan horse generic_r.eji completely before it start its malicious works to make the system almost useless.
How to Remove Trojan horse generic_r.eji from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Trojan horse generic_r.eji from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Trojan horse generic_r.eji using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Trojan horse generic_r.eji
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Trojan horse generic_r.eji.
Step3: How to Uninstall Trojan horse generic_r.eji from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Trojan horse generic_r.eji and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Trojan horse generic_r.eji and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Trojan horse generic_r.eji and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Trojan horse generic_r.eji and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan horse generic_r.eji Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Trojan horse generic_r.eji to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Trojan horse generic_r.eji named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Trojan horse generic_r.eji entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Trojan horse generic_r.eji, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.