Have you ever come across TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A on your system and tried to delete the Trojan with your security program. Does your anti-virus program failed to delete TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A? What are you thinking to do so as to protect your system? Do you have any idea for complete removal of the highly infectious Trojan virus? Are you experience slow performance of your PC? Well, PC users should not ignore the presence of TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A as its presence creates mess inside your system. So, go through the given below post and learn effective ways to delete TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A from your Windows PC.
What is TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A ?
Type – Trojan
Sub type – Rootkit
Affect OS – Windows
Well, as its name hints TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A is a Trojan virus that comes along with rootkit features and its presence give rise to several trouble on the infected PC. It mostly attack on the Windows based computer system and it also compatible with all the Windows versions. The Trojan infection distribute itself over Internet or in simple words through spam email attachments, free downloads, unsafe websites, etc. If once it successfully gain access over your Windows PC then it silently run in the system background and perform evil activities to damage your system.
Aftermath of TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A are as follows:
The Trojan virus modify system and browser settings so as to take control over your system. It download and install malware or other harmful threats, due to this you will experience sluggish PC performance. It causes redirection issues, block your IP address and won't allow you to access any legit websites. What more, TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A corrupt or damage system files, disable the security programs including firewall protection and anti-virus program. You will notice your PC behaving weirdly and won't follow your command.
Thus, it is advised to remove TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A permanently so as to protect your Windows PC. So, for quick and easy removal of the Trojan virus follow the guidelines mentioned below.
Steps to Remove TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A Running Processes.
- Right Click on TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove TrojanDownloader:MSIL/Genmaldow.A, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!