RaaSberry ransomware – First Research Report
It's been all over the security blogs that RaaSberry ransomware is released through Dark web where it is promoted as RaaS (Ransomware as a Service), might be useful for wannabe cyber thieves. You should know that the ransomware is a cryptomalware type program that enciphers your important data and demands ransom while keeping decryption key associated with files as hostage. Unfortunately, following encryption, the ransomware stores the private key (aka decryption password) only one highly secured C2 server and provides unique ID (aka Public key) to the victims through specific ransom note file or ransom desktop wallpaper. During depth inspection, we found that RaaSberry ransomware has been put on the dark web for sale in 3 different variants where price varies from 60 USD to 650 USD.
Unluckily, RaaSberry virus is laced up with AES-256 encryption for targeting commonly used data containers like Music, Videos, Documents, Saved games, Project files and others. More worse, it once again enciphers encoded files with unique RSA cipher to prevent AV vendors from releasing Free decryptor. Since, the malware is new, its effect is not widely spread yet. May be it will become as infamous as WannaCry and NotPetya ransomware. Therefore, we take it as our responsibility to educate our visitor on how to prevent such ransomware attack and recover data. We had never seen any ransomware project providing ransomware note in over 10 languages. RaaSberry ransomware drops ransom note written in English, Mandarin, Hindi, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Italian, German, French, Tamil, Korean including Punjabi as well. As mentioned on the dark web, the newly released ransomware is capable of skipping detection by over 90% of Antimalware today. Surprisingly, the ransomware is coded to work in offline mode as well.
What to Do to Protect PC against RaaSberry ransomware?
- To safeguard your computer, you must enable automatic software updates including Windows update and security measures update.
- You need to install a multi-layered security provider Antimalware and scan computer on daily basis.
- Also, you should back up your data on secured external drive.
- More importantly, you must avoid double tapping Junk email attachments or installing updates through pop up appeared onto browser while surfing internet.
If you you do these things, your Windows system will be secured from ransomware attacks. Now we recommend you to follow RaaSberry ransomware removal and data recovery instruction provided below:
What To Do If Your PC Get Infected By RaaSberry ransomware
The ransomware infection has been mainly designed with the purpose to scare users and trick their money. It take your files on hostage and demand ransom to return your important data. But now the question is what you can do when your system got infected by RaaSberry ransomware virus? Here are some option that you can use to get rid of this nasty infection.
Don’t Panic – Well the first thing is Don’t panic and then completely check out your system for any working files. If you got any working files then copy it to USB drive.
Pay Ransom – Other option is you can pay the ransom and wait to get your files back. (really a bad option)
Use Backup – Clean you entire system files, remove the infection completely from your PC and restore your files with any backup.
Remove Infection – You can also delete RaaSberry ransomware virus using malware removal tool and remove all the infected files. You can later recover all your data by using any data recovery tool. (In case you don’t have backup of your files.) – Recommended Method.
Reinstall Windows – The last option is reinstall your Windows OS. It will completely remove all your data as well as infection. You will get a completely new infection free PC.
How To Remove RaaSberry ransomware Virus From Your PC
Step 1 – Boot your computer in Safe mode.
Step 2 – Remove the infected registry entry files.
- Click Windows Flag and R button together.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button
- Find and delete following entries.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Step 3 – Remove From msconfig
- Click Windows + R buttons simultaneously.
- Type msconfig and press Enter
- Go to Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Step 4 – Restart your computer normally.
Check your computer now. If the virus has gone then you can start using your computer. If the infection still remains then head to the next step.
Step 5 – System Restore
- Insert Windows installation disk to CD drive and restart your PC.
- While system startup, keep pressing F8 or F12 key to get boot options.
- Now select the boot from CD drive option to start your computer.
- Then after you will get the System Recovery Option on your screen.
- Select the System Restore option from the list.
- Choose a nearest system restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Now follow the option on your screen to Restore your computer.
If the above manual methods didn’t removed RaaSberry ransomware virus then you have only option to remove infection using a malware removal tool. It is last and the only option that can easily and safely remove this nasty threat from your computer.
Having some alarming questions in your mind? Get your doubt cleared from our experienced tech support experts. Just go to the Ask Your Question section, fill in the details and your question. Our expert team will give you detailed reply about your query.