Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware – Updated Research Report
Another variant of FBI Moneypak ransomware is in the wild using the name Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware which has no ability to encode data but has unique plan to extort money from victims. Actually, the ransomware makes use of frightening accusations and locks out PC screen without any permission. Next, it shows ransom demand of 150 USD in Bitcoin (currently equivalent to 0.04448 BTC). If you agree to make ransom payment, you will be just support cyber criminals to grow more and make their organization financially strong. Undoubtedly, you will be putting fuel to their malicious work. Though, instead making payment to them, you should focus on finding alternative options to get rid off Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware lock screen. We have created this article to help you of course. But first you should gather more information so that in future you could prevent ransomware attacks.
Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware was first reported in the beginning of August 2017 which displays a ransom note that includes the original log of FBI claiming your involvement in visiting illegal websites which contain child pornography. The note also mentions that cyber police have scanned your saved files and IP address and they have detected violations such as downloading child porn, committing rape or sending spam messages containing terrorist motives. After seeing such message, innocent computer users might think, they have truly committed any of these crime during online session. In fact, we all watch porn online. There is no doubt that Federal Police never demand ransom or any amount via Bitcoin. So, when you see such message, you should not get scared because its a malicious work of Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware. Its motive is to extort money from innocent computer users.
Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware – Distribution Sources
- Spam emails – today email services are being hugely used for distributing ransomware and other threat among netizens. First, you may receive spam email containing attachment or shady links. Upon executing, your computer gets compromised with Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware or other threat.
- Wireless network – in public places you might see open wireless networks. When you connect it, cyber punks gets access to your computer and deliver the screen locker virus to extort money from you in the name of providing decryption help.
- Infected USB drives – if your External drive is infected with ransomware and you copy data from it without scanning first then it is possible that you will end up with ransomware infection.
Finally, we advise you to protect your computer with a reliable Antimalware and as of this time, you need to remove Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware using following guide:
How To Remove Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware related programs.
Remove Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware related entries.
Remove Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Scotch Tape Locker Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.