GNL (German Netherlands Lockers) is a ransomware program which is an upgradation of its previously released variants of ransomware. Security researchers and investigators of malware have often suggest online users to avoid bad practices, but many users have bad practice to open Spam mail, follow links on pop-ups, accept free scan offers and download stuffs from untrusted websites. Careless Internet uses is a big cause of getting infected with GNL Ransomware. So once getting infection on your computer, you can't get rid of GNL Ransomware easily. To infiltrate into online computers the ransomware virus uses website hosting on Angler exploit kit that were abused by developers to serve GNL Ransomware. When the infection reaches to any targeted computer then, it run a scan on the computer, create list of files stored in the computer for users concern only. Thereafter the ransomware program encrypt all personal files like documents, images, videos, emails, PDF and all the stuffs.
GNL Ransomware uses AES-256 file encryption with public and private keys. The users on infected computer need private keys to decrypt files. The computer does not recognize these files and failed to open in their proper format. So the user can experience that opening of any music file opens a text file with wired characters. Sometime computer system also fails to open file and the user faces complete data loss situation on their computer. The ransomware virus also releases ransom note that contains instructions for users on compromised computer for recovery of GNL Ransomware file encryption. The users can find these ransom notes on their desktop and every folder where users keep their personal files. According to the scary ransom note, users can't decrypt files without AES decryption keys. But it is also a fact that payment of ransomware does not a guarantee of file recovery because cyber criminals behind this ransomware are unreliable and may refuse to provide decryption keys. After making payment of ransom amount the user can't track their payment nor contact criminals to claim. So, the users should remove GNL Ransomware infection and recover files by suggested methods.
How To Remove GNL Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all GNL Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out GNL Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the GNL Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.