Detailed Information on ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware
‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware is one of the malicious file encrypting ransomware virus which is a variant of Globe Ransomware released recently in November 2016. It features some changes compared to its older version which includes the ‘.x3m File Extension’ Ransomware and ‘.MK File Extension’ Ransomware. However, our security expert team didn’t observe any new traits and functionality implemented on this ransomware.
This file encrypting threat is delivered to the users machine through malicious macro files embedded in the Word documents attached to junk emails. The users may receive a spam email with logos from anti-virus vendors and the social media which claims to deliver security updates and information from your friends. These deceptive techniques are generally used by the developers of ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware in order to convince the system users to open the malicious attached documents and spread this malware around the web surfers.
Careless PC Users would Fall Victim to ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware
Furthermore, system users should keep keen eyes whenever they are invited to download and open any file delivered from an address that users are not familiar with. More often than not, the malicious file in the email ID carries nasty virus such as ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware. The malware researchers remind that the threat is a standard encryption virus which is especially programmed to use AES and RSA ciphers in order to corrupt files and data stored on your drives and then leaves a ransom message on your computer screen. The variant of Globe ransomware are known to target more than 150 file formats. Although, it might interrupt the activity of web servers, database managers and regular computer users alike.
Working Methods of ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware
The security investigators revealed that the creators of this ransomware enabled their Trojans in order to encrypt the files stored on the removable stored and the shared network drives as well. Besides, the data containers are encoded in their entirety as opposed to encrypting file header that is what the initial release of Crysis Ransomware infection did in the past. The Windows Explorer is likely to notify the computer users that some of their system files may be damaged and should be eliminated. The machine users will find the ‘email@example.com’ file extension appended to encrypted data. Moreover, the compromised PC users may find a new text (.txt) file onto the desktop which suggests writing the malware creators to restore their data.
Restore the Files Encrypted by ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware
In the past, the system security experts were able to build a free decryptor for its initial version Globe Ransomware. Thus, you should keep eyes on on the Internet for free decryptor. However, we don’t recommend paying the ransom fee requested by the hackers behind ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware, because you don’t have a guarantee that you” get the decryption tool after paying the ransom money. Instead, you can use the trusted anti-malware suite to remove all traces of the new variant of Globe ransomware and then rebuild your data structure by using backup copies and the services like Dropbox, Google Drive and Mega.
Remove ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
A Tutorial Video Guide To Get Rid of ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the ‘Grapn206@india.com’ Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.