Details About EV ransomware
EV ransomware is a catastrophic malware infection which the system security researchers have identified as a Word Press crypto-malware threat designed to mainly compromise the Word site files. It identical to those of numerous other infections of the similar group, commonly perforates itself silently in the targeted PC without being reported by the users. Experts have reported this infection primarily targeting the computer systems running Windows OS. It onto being disseminated successfully in the system, contributes numerous hazardous troubles in it.
EV ransomware usually initializes the execution of unethical practices via firstly gaining complete control over the entire PC and then bringing alteration in it's preset registry settings. This alteration is basically brought by the infection for acquiring automatic activation in the system with each Windows reboot. Threat moreover following this, encrypts the system's Word press site files, rendering them totally inaccessible to the users. Experts have reported this particular infection appending .ev file extension onto the targeted files while posing encryption operation onto them.
EV ransomware furthermore, following the successful completion of the encryption procedure, presents ev.php file in black screen along with the decryption code input option. The file, likewise note generated by several other ransomware infection, do include information stating that the PC's files have been victimized and thus regarding their respective decryption, victims are required to transfer certain amount of ransom money to the provided address. Nevertheless, experts strongly recommends not to make any sort of payment as according to them the infection is still in it's developing phase and thus do not furnish the victims with decrypted files after getting the payment. Hence, in a case if has got victimized by EV ransomware, kindly take immediate actions on it's instant uninstallation from the PC as it is the only measure possible to liberation of PC from all such nasty consequences.
Practices Resulting In Silent Penetration of EV ransomware
- Downloading freeware from several unfamiliar domains and then installing them in the system.
- Accessing spam emails and then opening up their respective malicious attachments.
- Installing pirated softwares and utilizing corrupted hardwares results in the perforation of EV ransomware in PC.
- Playing online games and using infectious external storage devices for transferring data from one PC to another.
- Surfing hijacked domains and paying frequent visit to pornographic websites.
- Tapping several suspicious links flickering over device's screen while surfing web.
Remove EV ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove EV ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove EV ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To EV ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find EV ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove EV ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove EV ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the EV ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the EV ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.