Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz is a very risky and dangerous trojan virus which cause serious damages and harm on to your compromised computer. As it easily sneaks on to the targeted system through the opening of your Junk/Spam email attached files that comes from unknown sources, clicking on to malicious links and ads, download of freeware program, sharing of your files from one system to another, use of the infected removable media drive and such more. Once Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz successfult get installed on to your computer result to change the system essential settings such as registry files, exe files, task manager, Window editor, DNS settings, default web browser setting and so on. It also drop infected and corrupted files on to your system through its back door gate which cause more harm to it. Aside all these the performance of the system also slower down and occupy huge amount of the system resources too. Even Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz also deactivate the installed security program and crack the browser firewall too. Sometime it may also result for the crash down of your system and turn the system screen to blue screen of death (BSOD). Further, it also consumed a lot of the memory and CPU space too from your infected system. Thus, it is very necessary to protect your system from its ill effect, so not wasting much of time instantly remove Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz from your infected PC.
Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz is also further responsible to collect down all your personal and sensitive information that are kept within the system like email contact, login, password, bank account, credit card details, IP address, URL and such more. As it also block you from to gain access on to your stored files, data, folders, text etc as it has been corrupted or get lost. Remove Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz instantly from your computer without having any delay.
Steps to Remove Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz Running Processes.
- Right Click on Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Hacktool:Win32/Mimikatz, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!