Hello Friends!! As, I am noticing from last few days that my PC is not working properly at all. Had a complete scan of my PC and then came to know that it has been infected with trojan virus named with LNK:Runner-B. Thus, this trojan virus has totally taken control on to my PC and prevent me to further operate on to it. Due to that having lots of difficulty and problem in doing any tasks on to my PC. Help me please to completely remove LNK:Runner-B from my infected PC. Thanks a lots!!
LNK:Runner-B is detected as a very risky and dangerous trojan virus. It is also known as the Link Runner virus, which is a trojan and mainly sneaks within your system via hacked websites and infect the entire system. Further, LNK:Runner-B also easily infiltrate on to your PC through the opening of the Spam/junk email attached files, peer to peer sharing of your files, download of freeware program from the Internet, surfing on to unsafe and malicious websites and so on. Once, LNK:Runner-B trojan virus successfully get installed on to your system result to create lots of problem and issues there in. Further, it is also capable to change the DNS settings and modify the default settings of your commonly used web browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer etc. As it is also capable to deactivate the installed security program and crack the browser firewall from your infected system. It also drop many infected and corrupted files on to your system through its back door gate which cause more harm and damages on to your PC. So for the safety of the system you should immediate remove LNK:Runner-B trojan virus from your PC.
Further, LNK:Runner-B trojan virus also result to weaken the performance of your computer and thus consumed huge amount of the system resources too. Moreover, it also collect all your personal and sensitive details that are stored on to your system to perform elicit tasks through it. Thus, without wasting much of your time, it is highly recommended you to remove LNK:Runner-B from your infected computer.
Manual LNK:Runner-B Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of LNK:Runner-B
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case LNK:Runner-B, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove LNK:Runner-B Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to LNK:Runner-B infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of LNK:Runner-B infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove LNK:Runner-B, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete LNK:Runner-B
How to View LNK:Runner-B Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the LNK:Runner-B related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access LNK:Runner-B Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by LNK:Runner-B, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide LNK:Runner-B Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with LNK:Runner-B.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide LNK:Runner-B related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of LNK:Runner-B related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View LNK:Runner-B associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by LNK:Runner-B, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.