What is W32/Lagbu.A ?
W32/Lagbu.A is a dodgy malware infection which the malware researchers have characterized under the category of Trojan threat. Unlike those of several normal PC infection, it is highly destructive for the PCs running Windows OS and is capable of posing serious harm into the compromised system. Being silently penetrated by the cyber crooks in the targeted PC, this infection has been intentionally developed for earning money for it's authors.
- Name : W32/Lagbu.A
- Type : Trojan
- Infection Length : Varies
- Danger Level : High
- Propagation : Globally
- Discovered : August 17, 2016
- Updated : August 17, 2016
- System Compromised : Windows XP/ Vista/7/ 8/ 10/ NT / Windows Server 2003 / Windows Server 2008.
- Removal : Possible
Being a highly harassing virus threat, W32/Lagbu.A conducts a series of awful practices in the system upon being disseminated successfully in it. It commonly starts the implementation of several vicious practices via firstly obtaining complete control over entire system and then altering it's default settings. This alteration enables the threat to obtain persistence in the system (i.e., capability of acquiring automatic activation with each Windows start up). Infection further then, for forbidding itself from being traced and then eradicated from the PC, disables the security programs installed in the system.
W32/Lagbu.A asides, poses direct threat to the user's privacy via accommodating their credential information and then transferring it to the online crooks regarding several unethical purposes. It brings deterioration the system's working potential on huge extent by proliferating numerous junk files in it's hard drive. This Trojan threat, in order to make the compromised system more vulnerable to several perilous infections, very silently opens up a backdoor onto it. This ultimately enables the threat to proliferate numerous additional catastrophic malware infections in the compromised PC. Hence, regarding emancipation of PC from all such negative traits, it is very essential for the users to uninstall W32/Lagbu.A from it.
How W32/Lagbu.A Lurks Inside PC ?
- W32/Lagbu.A generally gets distributed among user's PC through junk emails.
- Downloading freeware and shareware programs also contributes a lot in the dissemination of this Trojan infection in system.
- Infection often disseminates itself through suspicious images or links and pirated softwares.
How to Remove W32/Lagbu.A from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall W32/Lagbu.A from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to W32/Lagbu.A using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find W32/Lagbu.A
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate W32/Lagbu.A.
Step3: How to Uninstall W32/Lagbu.A from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to W32/Lagbu.A and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to W32/Lagbu.A and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose W32/Lagbu.A and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select W32/Lagbu.A and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete W32/Lagbu.A Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type W32/Lagbu.A to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all W32/Lagbu.A named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only W32/Lagbu.A entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of W32/Lagbu.A, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.