Detailed Information About HappyLocker Ransowmare
Being reported as a hazardous infection for the PC, HappyLocker Ransowmare is identified belonging to the Hidden Tear family of ransomware. This infection has been basically designed by online crooks for the sole purpose of generating more and more illicit profit from rookie PC users. Regarding this purpose (i.e., earning illicit money) the threat obtain secret perforation in the PC and then following that conducts a series of hazardous activities inside it. Initially performs a deep scanning of the PC and then retinue that encrypts the files found compatible to it's corruption. Later on following this asks victims to make certain amount of payment in Bitcoins for releasing decryptor. This threat is compatible with all the latest updated versions of Windows OS.
HappyLocker Ransowmare in order to carry out the encryption operation on the targeted data containers makes usage of the AES-256 cipher. Researches clearly proves that this threat basically encrypts or locks the data containers which are standard for images, videos, audio, videos, presentations, spreadsheets, text and databases. The encryption routine followed by this ransomware infection utilizes a private key which is generated on a per-PC-basis. This key is not stored locally on the system, instead the creator of this perilous infection do have an infrastructure of 'Command and Control' server that they utilizes to manage their Trojans and transfer decryptors to their customers. It meanwhile carrying out the encryption procedure append “.happy” suffix to the encrypted file names. Now following the successful encryption, a ransom note is transferred to the desktop screen of compromised PC.
The ransom note generated by HappyLocker Ransowmare usually comes in two formats i.e., JPEG and TXT. After this victims are provided with 'READDDDDDD.txt' and 'READ.jpeg' on their desktop featuring the below mentioned text :
Now in most of the cases it has been noticed that generation of such messages entice majority of the users to trust on them and make the asked amount of payment but it is strongly advised not to do so since in reality the malware analysts have very clearly proven that the messages are completely fake and are just created to make money from users.
HappyLocker Ransowmare – Propagation Tactics
Generally the authors of the HappyLocker Ransowmare distributes their developed malicious programs among users via utilizing spam emails, macro-enabled DOCX and PDF files. Most of the times users have been reported getting redirected to enable macro in their document viewers for uploading text, images and videos properly. The content in these documents are actually serves as a decoy for enticing the users into implementing malicious code. Moreover researchers have proven that this threat often infiltrates via a fake Bitcoin also.
HappyLocker Ransowmare – A Big Trouble
- HappyLocker Ransowmare resets the default system's settings and flood the infected desktop screen with fake scary messages.
- It encrypts the files stored in the system and then urges the users to pay ransom money in order of the decryprtor (tool for decrypting the encrypted files).
- It steals the user's sensitive stuff and then further transmit it to the online marketing agent for evil purpose.
- It downgrades the PC's potential badly by dropping several additional perilous infections inside it.
Therefore to protect the system's crucial files from being encrypted like that as well as to operate PC smoothly, an urgent eradication of HappyLocker Ransowmare is needed.
How To Remove HappyLocker Ransowmare Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all HappyLocker Ransowmare related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out HappyLocker Ransowmare related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the HappyLocker Ransowmare infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.