Hc7 Ransomware : Complete Information About The Culprit
Hc7 Ransomware looks identical to the previous Hc6 ransom virus. But the malware developers makes certain changes to give it a new look to make more victims to make more money. It has been recently detected by the malware researchers. The makers of this uses some upgrades into it as the previous variant has been decryptable with a fee tool. That's why the cyber hackers making constant attack on computer networks. Once it intrude inside of the system then it operates similar to the previous version. It utilizes the combination of AES-256 CBC and SHA-256 Cryptography to follow the encryption routine to make your valuable files completely inaccessible. At the time of writing this malware has not been decryptable. Then after following the encryption it shows a ransom note on the victims affected computer screen with an updated email address, Bitcoin wallet address and the payment amount of $700 in Bitcoin for one computer and to decrypt a network you have to pay $5.000 Bitcoins to the attackers. However according to experts you should deny the payment idea.
Threat Description : Hc7 Ransomware
$700 in Bitcoin for one system and for whole network it will be $5.000 in bitcoin.
Malicious spam email attachments due to RDP attacks, infected links etc.
The ransom note can be seen as
Massive Infection Spreading Modules Used By Hc7 Ransomware
This file encryption ransom virus is executing on your system with the help of an infected exe file named "hc7.exe" which might be dropped on to the compromised system with the help of spam emails using attachments which seems legit and secure to the users as the infection files has been added into the attachment file and when the users download it on their systems then the infection exe downloaded on it and start automatic execution to rapidly spread into the entire PC. More ways are through infected ads, suspicious downloads from unknown resources, Insecure or unprotected RDP's to attack on targeted system brutally.
How To Deal With Hc7 Ransomware?
As you read above Hc7 Ransomware is such a real danger for your valuable files and system too. So you need to remove Hc7 Ransomware by using a strong anti-malware on infected system. If you want to do the manual removal then follow the below given steps carefully that will certainly help you to clean your computer.
A: How To Remove Hc7 Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Hc7 Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Hc7 Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Hc7 Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Hc7 Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Hc7 Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Hc7 Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Hc7 Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Hc7 Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.