In the world of Ransomware, recently a new member has been added dubbed as JosepCrypt Ransomware. According to the security analysts, it is in development phase and it doesn't contain snippets from any malware families. If you are one of the regular users and want to get complete information about the latest JosepCrypt Ransomware and its deletion guide then reading this post will be really beneficial for you.
Expert's Analysis Report on JosepCrypt Ransomware
|Threat's Name||JosepCrypt Ransomware|
|Affected Systems||All version of Windows OS|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Discovered on||May 2018|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Introduction||JosepCrypt Ransomware is just a typical ransomware that aim to target numerous file types and collect money from the unsuspecting System users.|
|Occurrences||Bogus downloads and updates, Malspam, malvertising sites, torrent downloads, hacked or gambling domain, contaminated devices, file sharing sites etc.|
|To delete JosepCrypt Ransomware and decrypt .josep files, System users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Primary Agenda of JosepCrypt Ransomware
JosepCrypt Ransomware is a newly identified ransomware that is capable to cause various problems to affected users. The main agenda of such a malware is to collect users money by forcing them to pay ransom fee for decrypting files. Although, it is similar with traditional ransomware but its code and architecture base is different. It is just a basic ransomware with no any additional features.
Procedure Through Which JosepCrypt Ransomware Makes Money For Its Developers
According to security analysts, JosepCrypt Ransomware is just a typical ransom demanding infection that proliferates inside the PC secretly via several deceptive means without users awareness and after that immediately start to perform file encryption procedure. It uses strong file encryption algorithm and target almost all file types such as audios, images, videos, documents, databases, PDFs and many more. The targeted files of such a ransomware can be easily noticeable because it uses '.josep' file extension for encrypting files. After performing successful encryption procedure, it displays a text file entitled as 'RECOVERY.txt' on desktop screen.
Know What RECOVERY.txt File of JosepCrypt Ransomware Says
RECOVERY.txt is a text file usually serves as a ransom note that contains instruction about ransom payments and informed victims about the locked data. In ransom note, the developers of such a ransomware mentioned that victims must email at [email protected] and they have only 5 days to buy the decryption key. After 5 days the file will be lose forever. According to the ransom note, file decryption is only possible by paying ransom fee. The size of ransom payment often depends of time you wait. Despite of its all claims, security experts are strictly warned victims that they should not pay ransom fee because the developers of such a ransomware are untrustworthy. Rather than paying money, affected users must get rid of JosepCrypt Ransomware from their PC ASAP.
Remove JosepCrypt Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove JosepCrypt Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove JosepCrypt Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To JosepCrypt Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find JosepCrypt Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove JosepCrypt Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove JosepCrypt Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the JosepCrypt Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the JosepCrypt Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.