HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware is a kind of malware which encrypts files with AES file encryption and add an additional “.isis” file extension. It has been spreading itself very rapidly all over the globe, so it may possible that your computer got infected with HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware and you will a find all your files inaccessible due to this ransomware attack. If the ransomware get success to break into your computer, it means you have done something wrong on your computer system. The appearance of HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware, indicates that the user have had performed some bad practices like opening of a Spam email that is received from a stranger, or the user have recently downloaded any infectious file/program with bundled freeware or, got the ransomware infection on used computer from a hacked/malicious/illegal website while random web surfing.
After getting HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware infection, the user find all the personal files have been infected because just after infiltration and activation the ransomware program perform all its routine operation into the background such as, it run a scan on the targeted computer and list all files saved by the user. Thereafter, the ransomware program employ a high level file encryption algorithm AES 256 and make users file inaccessible. As well as the ransomware program also perform other malicious activities, as for example it create new registry entries, start-up log, change DNS and several other settings. It also block your security programs and do not allow you to visit any security site.
Need not to be panic because HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware is not a real ransomware virus to harm your computer and data. In actual HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware is only a part of educational series of ransomware that has been developed to aware Internet users about real ransomware attacking strategies and how to get rid of file encryption virus. The ransomware also release a ransom note on the compromised computer named as README.txt that mention about a file called DecryptPassword.txt that contains a fifteen character decryption key. You can download the file from http://www.filedropper.com/decrypter_1 or find somewhere hidden on your computer system.
So you can easily decrypt your files and remove HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware from your computer without any hassle. However the intension behind development of this ransomware is not so clear and assumed as for educational purpose. It may possible that some very evil or terrorist organization like Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) spread ransomware infection to gather money for their organization in future. So Internet users should keep their eyes open while performing any operation and do not allow infiltration of ransomware or any other malware that works to make money for cyber criminals and support their vicious objectives. So you would also like to delete HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware components from your computer, so the removal steps are as follows.
Remove HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the HiddenTear 2.0 Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.