Know More About Hollycrypt Ransomware
Hollycrypt Ransomware threat appears to be another nasty ransomware variant of an open-source HiddenTear ransomware. In addition, this threat example is no differ from other notorious ransomware samples. The malware aims to get inside the targeted machine silently, encrypts the system files, append specific file extension onto them and then drop a ransom notification in order to inform the victim about the virus attack and its possible malicious consequences. The sample that our security experts have analyzed adds .hollycrypt file extension onto the encrypted data and leaves a ransom message dubbed read_this_shift.txt in the C:\Users\(username)\Desktop.
What is more interesting about the ransom note displayed by Hollycrypt Ransomware is that is asks the victimized users to send the perpetrator “some vodka or some bitcoins” in exchange for data recovery tool. The email address which is left in the ransom notification is the [email protected] No matter the criminal hackers promises to provide the decryption key after the ransom payment is made, there is no any reason to believe on what they promises or claims. Users might never see their files again even after paying the ransom amount, so we don’t recommend you to take a risk, instead quickly remove Hollycrypt Ransomware from your PC without a doubt.
Dissemination Techniques of Hollycrypt Ransomware
The ransomware threat spread in a bundle with harmful software updates, typically Flash Player or Java updates which is advertised through vague domains. Besides, the malware also distributed through spam email campaigns and with the help of an exploit kit. These distribution tactics help the criminal hackers to inject ransom demanding threats onto the victims system without their knowledge. One of the most easiest and surprisingly way to infect someone else’s PC with virus is to deliver a malicious email to them. Such junk emails typically contains an attached file that contains Hollycrypt Ransomware payload. Once downloaded and opened, it can activate and download ransomware threat automatically onto the machine.
Once the victims opens malicious attachments, then there is no way back – the nasty Hollycrypt Ransomware starts harmful processes and encrypt the system files rapidly. Of course, the computer users who have decent and up-to-dated anti-malware suite on their PC cannot be affected by such dangerous virus. Although, we must warn you that leaving the ransomware virus on the computer is a very bad idea because it might download few additional malware or noxious threats onto the machine. Besides, this virus can be installed together with the help of Trojans and other type of harmful software. So, in order to clean your PC, you should initiate the Hollycrypt Ransomware virus removal on your system as quickly as possible.
How To Remove Hollycrypt Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Hollycrypt Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Hollycrypt Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Hollycrypt Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Hollycrypt Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Hollycrypt Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Hollycrypt Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Hollycrypt Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Hollycrypt Ransomware related programs.
Remove Hollycrypt Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Hollycrypt Ransomware related entries.
Remove Hollycrypt Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Hollycrypt Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Hollycrypt Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.