This post aims to provide the specific details on Horsuke Ransomware and its removal guide. So, keep reading this post completely and follow the step by step ransomware removal instructions carefully.
Summary of Horsuke Ransomware
|Threat's Name||Horsuke Ransomware|
|Variant of||Scarab Ransomware|
|Affected Systems||Windows PC|
|Ransom Note||HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.txt|
|Description||Horsuke Ransomware is another notorious System infection that locks users all valuable files and after that blackmails victims into paying ransom fee.|
|Occurrences||Bundling method, spam campaigns, junk mail attachments, torrent downloads, pirated software, infected removable devices etc.|
|To delete Horsuke Ransomware & decrypt System files easily and completely System users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Crucial Facts of Horsuke Ransomware That You Must Aware With It
Horsuke Ransomware is one of the latest variant of Horsia virus that mainly originated from the Scarab Ransomware. Like its predecessor variant, it implements the file encryption method to extort money from the unsuspecting System users. Being a typical and notorious ransomware infection, it uses highly advanced and sophisticated file encryption algorithm that hold users files. It scans Windows PC in depth and after that target several file types including images, audio or video files, databases, documents, PDFs and much more. The enciphered or affected files of such a ransomware can be easily noticed because it appends ".HORSE" file extension. Obviously, like other ransomware it drops a ransom note entitled as "HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT" and demands victims to pay ransom fee. See how the ransom note looks like :
Depth Analysis Report on Horsuke Ransomware
Ransom note is mainly created by the group of cyber criminals just only to make money from victims. It informs System users about the file encryption and instructs victims to contact with provided email address. It also asks victims to pay ransom fee. Being a System user we all familiar with the fact that how data or files are crucial for us. To get locked data back, most of the Computer users easily decided to make a deal with hackers but according to security analysts, it is one of the most worst decision forever because the developers of such a ransomware doesn't deliver any assurances that you will get the unique decryption key even paying the large sum of ransom fee. Therefore, the elimination of Horsuke Ransomware is highly recommended from the affected Windows PC.
A: How To Remove Horsuke Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Horsuke Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Horsuke Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Horsuke Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Horsuke Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Horsuke Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Horsuke Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Horsuke Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Horsuke Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.