Research Report on Embrace Ransomware
Embrace Ransomware is a newly detected file-encoder virus which is identified as a new variant of Ever ransomware also known as [email protected] ransomware. This malware mainly attacks the Windows users through malicious spam email campaigns that mislead targeted computer users to download and open a macro-enabled document. Depth-analysis on this ransomware after taking the samples from compromised machines revealed that the threat is slightly modified as compare to its previous version. In this newer variant, the hackers uses a new set of Command and Control servers and applied changes to the file encryption algorithm of Embrace Ransomware. Besides, the name of encoded files were appended with a new string i.e. '.embrace' which is different from the one used in Ever Ransomware virus.
Moreover, the malware is especially designed to target the same range of files. As a result, affected computer users are likely to lose access to their valuable system files like video, musics, spreadsheets, presentations, documents, images, eBooks, PDFs and many more. However, the process of encrypting the targeted system files does not take long time and the Embrace Ransomware may inject malicious codes onto the legit version of crucial computer process named 'svchost.exe' which is signed by Microsoft in order to avoid getting detected by installed anti-virus program. Unfortunately, decoding the files encrypted by this ransomware is almost impossible without using a right decryption key which is stored on the hacker's Command and Control server. To provide this tool, racketeers demands a hefty sum of ransom money from the victim's of this ransomware.
Working Algorithm of Embrace Ransomware
The information related to ransom payment provided by the cyber criminals in a ransom note reported as '!=How_recovery_files=!.txt' dropped by the Embrace Ransomware on affected system's desktop. Technically speaking, it is still unclear about the ransom money asked by the team of threat actors lurking behind this malware. However, it can be assumed that they might ask around 250 USD from the victimized users that should be paid in the form of Bitcoins. The hackers responsible for this vicious attack instruct victims to contact them through '[email protected]' email address to negotiate for the ransom money. What's more important, any kind of negotiations with the hackers through contacting them with the provided email address is never recommended. Instead, you should remove Embrace Ransomware and try to recover the files using backup copies or employing a credible data recovery software.
How To Remove Embrace Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all Embrace Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out Embrace Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the Embrace Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.