Recently, my installed antivirus program Microsoft Security Essential has started detecting Trojan.Agent.Trace virus onto my system, which it classifies as a severe infection. It suggests the removal of this virus in a repair window. There are two options, the first one is fix and the second one is exclude, but the exclude is grayed-out and not available. I click on the go button and apply all and windows becomes green with the notification that virus issue has been resolved. However, minutes or hours later MSE antivirus detects this threat again on my computer and it comes back again and again. What should I do to delete this trojan infection from my PC..??
Trojan.Agent.Trace Information : Complete Details on Trojan.Agent.Trace
Trojan.Agent.Trace is a high risk trojan virus which damages your system in many aspects. It is a another new member of trojan horse virus family that infects thousands of windows system everyday. This threat secretly enters your machine via porn websites, free download applications, fake software updates and by spam emails. The invading of this infection can lead to many destructive consequence on your computer. It will be activated along with launching of your system,. Thereafter, It runs several dangerous tasks in the background to cause over and over consumption of CPU and this will make entire computer run slowly and trigger random PC crash. It will mess up your system registry and other crucial parts of your computer that results in disconnection of the Internet and malfunction of installed system programs. For example, when you try to surf the Internet with your active web browser or run a machine program, random error will come out and tell you that the system programs cannot be run. Thus, removal of Trojan.Agent.Trace virus is strongly recommended in order to secure your PC.
Several Issues Triggered by Trojan.Agent.Trace Virus
- Make your system web browser unusable.
- Changes the default settings of your browser and system.
- Weakens the computer security to help remote hackers.
- Trojan.Agent.Trace has the ability to track your browsing habits.
- Steal your personal information without your knowledge.
- Causes high CPU usage to make your machine crash down.
Steps to Delete Trojan.Agent.Trace
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove Trojan.Agent.Trace from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find Trojan.Agent.Trace Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete Trojan.Agent.Trace virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete Trojan.Agent.Trace Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for Trojan.Agent.Trace Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to Trojan.Agent.Trace
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete Trojan.Agent.Trace from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find Trojan.Agent.Trace related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by Trojan.Agent.Trace and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by Trojan.Agent.Trace
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with Trojan.Agent.Trace that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of Trojan.Agent.Trace using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect Trojan.Agent.Trace.
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!