Does your antivirus software detected Win32/PEPatch.Y virus on your system but failed to remove it throughly? Is your computer system running extremely slowly after getting this threat on PC? Does this trojan infection block the program which is installed on your machine from working properly? Have no idea about how to eliminate it? If so, you have come to a right place because in this post, you will get the detailed information on this threat and also the best removal steps for eliminating this trojan from your PC quickly and safely.
What is Win32/PEPatch.Y? Know More About Win32/PEPatch.Y?
Win32/PEPatch.Y has been deemed as a vicious Trojan virus which is developed by the team of cyber criminals with the aim of damaging the system worldwide. Generally speaking, if you open the suspicious attachments from spam emails, download and install few so called free programs or applications from unidentified sources, download pornographic videos and visited some websites that are hacked, the the system is easily get infected with this noxious trojan virus and leads your computer in a severe condition. In addition, if you click on some unknown links including those links in famous social networking websites that are especially released by the criminal hackers, then your machine will be pointed to download Win32/PEPatch.Y deadly virus.
Although, Win32/PEPatch.Y is classified as a high risk virus by some famous antivirus tool which blocks the certain program from running on your system. After getting infected with this malware, your windows firewall will be turned of or disabled without asking permission from you. Therefore, many of the victims can not update their installed programs normally and get some unwanted error messages on their computer screen if they want to update those programs. It may trigger many undesired start-up failure, BSOD and so on. Moreover, it will be able to create new files and registries to add onto your infected PC without your consent. Besides, this threat allows criminal hackers to remotely access your computer and steal important files for illegal purposes. Thus, it is very important to get rid of Win32/PEPatch.Y virus as soon as possible.
Steps to Remove Win32/PEPatch.Y
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Win32/PEPatch.Y
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Win32/PEPatch.Y
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Win32/PEPatch.Y and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Win32/PEPatch.Y
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Win32/PEPatch.Y and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Win32/PEPatch.Y. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Win32/PEPatch.Y related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Win32/PEPatch.Y, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Win32/PEPatch.Y Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Win32/PEPatch.Y Running Processes.
- Right Click on Win32/PEPatch.Y and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Win32/PEPatch.Y Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Win32/PEPatch.Y and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Win32/PEPatch.Y Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Win32/PEPatch.Y, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!