My files have been held hostage for Ransom. I am getting Ransom notes on my desktop as well as in the folders which are named as # DECRYPT MY FILES #.vbs, # DECRYPT MY FILES #.html and # DECRYPT MY FILES #.txt. It further seeks Ransom to be be paid amounting to 1.24 Bitcoins that nearly amounts to $500 for decrypting files. The files which got encrypted were damn important for me and I am ready to pay the ransom provided if I can reacess them. Can some one guarantee me that these files can be decrypted if I pay the ransom amount?
What is .cerber file extension: Complete Description
.cerber file extension is an another kind of Ransomware virus that can encrypt your system files and use them as a hostage in order to get a barrel of ransom money. It is most severely ransomware virus which is similar to Cryptobot, BitCryptor Ransomware and Alpha Crypt virus. According to the research from our expert team, they found that .cerber file extension threat will lock your all system files even after you pay the ransom money to them. Although, the criminal hackers behind .cerber file extension virus may hack your banking account details to steal all your money.
Although, .cerber file extension is a new devastating ransomware virus which has been reported to infect PC users massively by encrypting their system files with strong AES encryption. It will demand the users to pay around 500 US Dollar in BTC for decrypting their all PC files. All the computer users who have been affected by this ransomware virus and had their machine files encrypted with .cerber file extension should immediately eradicate this threat. It is highly advisable to use other methods to recover the encrypted data instead of paying money to the cyber criminals. So, what users need to do now is to uninstall .cerber file extension threat right now from their system, thus the users may be able to avoid all computer files from being encrypted and get back your machine in a healthy status.
Few Dangerous Properties of .cerber file extension
- It will encrypt all your computer files with a weird file extension.
- It targets stored files with AES-256 encryption method adding .CERBER extension.
- This threat can block the normal access onto your infected system.
- Steal your banking account details when you pay the ransom money.
- .cerber file extension may download other infections on your PC.
- cerber file extension virus will disable your antivirus program.
How To Remove .cerber file extension From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End .cerber file extension Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the .cerber file extension related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall .cerber file extension From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .cerber file extension related items from list.
Uninstall .cerber file extension From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete .cerber file extension related items from the programs list.
Delete .cerber file extension From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all .cerber file extension related programs.
Remove .cerber file extension Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all .cerber file extension related entries.
Remove .cerber file extension Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the .cerber file extension virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free .cerber file extension Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.