I am getting fake alerts from 1-877-609-4863 that warns me that my computer has infected with some malware. It claims to be legitimate and coming from Microsoft. However I am damn sure its not. What should I do as I do not want to be part of scam. Kindly give me some suggestions?
What is 1-877-609-4863 Popup?
If your computer is infected with 1-877-609-4863 Popup then you are in contact of deceptive threat that can bring many error onto your computer and show up a message box containing a lot of pop-ups ads. It will warn you from malware that you urgent need to call its provided service that may be scam tech support service in order to generate revenue. Generally, it invades into your computer via spam emails and bundled with freeware program like videos audios etc that your download from free website that may be designed by cyber criminals.
Once, 1-877-609-4863 Popup invade into your computer, it can bombard with a hazardous pop-ups ads, advertisement, banner, coupon and other online shopping deals discount in order to generate revenue from you. It can take you to the trap as it will convince you that your computer infected with malware and you have need to call its toll free number that will help you to remove all malware to make you pay money for its malicious service to take you in risk of information leaking and files encryption. It is able to infiltrate a lot of infection onto your computer and make it slow. So, you should immediately remove 1-877-609-4863 Popup completely from your the computer. Read this post and know how to remove it.
Learn To Remove 1-877-609-4863 Popup Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete 1-877-609-4863 Popup Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of 1-877-609-4863 Popup Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to 1-877-609-4863 Popup related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from 1-877-609-4863 Popup On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing 1-877-609-4863 Popup from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.