I have a recurring Trojan virus called IDP.ALEXA.51 and even though my Norton antivirus software says this virus is fully removed. But again it keeps coming back whenever I restart my computer. This nasty virus also slows down my system down to a crawl. I really need to completely and permanently remove this virus. Can someone please suggest me how to delete this Trojan virus from my PC..??
IDP.ALEXA.51 Explanation : Brief Details on IDP.ALEXA.51
IDP.ALEXA.51 is identified to be a typical Trojan horse virus that can do what it wants to your computer. And you should never consider to keep this virus on your system, for it could make your machine and your life miserable. After our research team has studied it for few weeks, we found that this threat seems qualified to base on Windows PC. It is normally bundled with free games download and shareware from the Internet. Sometimes, this threat can be also be distributed through hacked websites and spam email attachments. Thus, you have to be careful when browsing online.
IDP.ALEXA.51 virus generates a bunch of harmful files and registry entries on your system as soon as this threat is installed. Those malicious files takes up a plenty of CPU usage and memory space and that is why your computer slows down immensely. Besides, it can corrupt your your crucial system files and programs so that your machine can not work properly. Your infected PC will shut down and restart randomly and blue screen of death may occur from time to time. If you don't clear this threat on time, it may even steal your sensitive information by monitoring your online activities. So, you must remove IDP.ALEXA.51 virus as quick as possible.
Severe Issues caused by IDP.ALEXA.51 on Your System
- Freezes or crashes your system by creating junk files.
- Overly uses CPU resources, RAM and computer memory space.
- Permits remote server to transfer other malware into your PC.
- IDP.ALEXA.51 will delete some system files to trigger bugs and exploits.
- Facilitates cyber attacks from criminal hackers by weakening security degree.
- Able to track your online browsing activities.
- Steal password and other crucial info and share them with attacker.
Steps to Remove IDP.ALEXA.51
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate IDP.ALEXA.51
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by IDP.ALEXA.51
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by IDP.ALEXA.51 and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by IDP.ALEXA.51
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by IDP.ALEXA.51 and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to IDP.ALEXA.51. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the IDP.ALEXA.51 related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by IDP.ALEXA.51, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate IDP.ALEXA.51 Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the IDP.ALEXA.51 Running Processes.
- Right Click on IDP.ALEXA.51 and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove IDP.ALEXA.51 Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by IDP.ALEXA.51 and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete IDP.ALEXA.51 Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove IDP.ALEXA.51, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!