MixPlugin as found by the researcher is a potentially unwanted program (pup) that belong to the family of the adware. As it claims to enhance and boost the performance of your installed web browser and also improve the users browsing experience. But the real fact is that it is actually a kind of free browser add-on which is created to send the sponsored advertisements on to your computer to help its developer to earn revenue. Moreover it keep on displaying annoying pop-up on to the system screen once you installed this program on to your computer. As its infiltration with in the system result to cause serious damages and harm to entire parts on your computer. Further, it also put the system at a high risk. On the other end, install unknown program on to your computer without having the knowledge of the users. Besides all such it even consumed huge amount of the system resources that result to poor down the performance of your PC. Further, it also redirect your web search to unsafe and other suspicious websites. Thus to overcome from all such problems you should at first remove MixPlugin from your infected PC.
MixPlugin is also responsible to alter the default settings of the installed web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and replace the browser home page too. Moreover collects all the personal details of the users to by pass it to the remote server to perform illegal operation through it. It also block you from to gain access on to your files, text, document, folders etc as it has been lost or corrupted. Increase the traffic of the web and thus pay extra loads on to it. So to keep the system stay away from it in near by future it is highly advised you to remove MixPlugin from your computer.
Learn To Remove MixPlugin Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete MixPlugin Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of MixPlugin Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to MixPlugin related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from MixPlugin On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing MixPlugin from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.