My system got infected by Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A. Yesterday I borrowed a pen-drive from my friend to copy some files. When I injected that drive to my PC, my AVG anti-virus showed a message Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A Trojan virus found on your computer. I think it came from that pen-drive. I have immediately removed that Trojan but when I restarted my PC, AVG showed the same message. Till now I have blocked Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A five times on my system and every time it get back to my PC. My computer is also started freezing. How can I permanently remove Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A from my PC?
Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A is a nasty Trojan virus. It is a brutal invader that can easily get into your PC and do massive damage. It can get inside your PC via any infected pen-drive, bundled freeware program, junk mail attachment, suspicious website or peer to peer file sharing. After getting installed on your computer system, this dubious threat will firstly disable your anti-virus program to avoid its deletion. Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A also inject its malign codes to the registry editor to get automatically started on your machine. It also use those registry entries to get back into your PC after deletion.
Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A is able to infect all versions of Windows computer very easily. It can also download other harmful threats and malware on your computer system for doing more damage to your PC. it can also replicate into your system and spread its copies to different system files and folders. It also start several malevolent activities into your PC that slow down your system speed and performance. Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A has the main motive to steal your personal information. It can steal your bank account details, credit card number, login ID, passwords etc. and send to remote hackers. It is advised to delete Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A soon from your computer.
Harmful Effects of Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A
- It can slow down your computer system.
- Can bring other threats and malware.
- Inject malign codes to registry editor.
- Disable the anti-virus and Firewall.
- Steal your personal details.
- Send your personal information to hackers.
- Open backdoor on your computer.
Steps to Remove Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A Running Processes.
- Right Click on Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Backdoor:Win32/Qakbot.gen!A, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!